IGNORED

Rage - All Terrain Motorcycle GPS Navigation System Motorcycle GPS

stickhandle2

It looks interesting....but can you get software for it?

"PlusBuyer provides the GPS-enabled hardware only, not the software. PlusBuyer provides no warranty or customer support regarding GPS software"

We went looking for reviews of the product and it looks like you may have to add the mapping software, in a couple of reviews igo8 was mentioned as a preferred type of software. I googled it and there is a website for it, you download it or updates to a SD card.

The GPS has a slot for an SD card.

That seems to be the issue? http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Motorcycle-Navigator-Internal-Bluetooth/product-reviews/B00E7O8E8U/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1 It has windos CE 6 on it but that dont meen squat to me. Looks like its up to you to find maps etc to run on it. They dont supply that. Some write ups say the language on it is all chinese, which may work for you but not me. Check out these. Lots of mentions about a iGO map Dang I knew it was to good to be true.

Bratman just what the heck is a "Blaupunk" Is that a fancy word for brick?

Very close! Blaupunkt is a German electronics and audio manufacturer, they use to be bigger in the US as part of the Bosch group but have since split and now are mainly in the EU.

As for the device, we were able to mish-mash what was left of the stock GPS software with bits and pieces of other software from other markets. Basically taking a Working Non-English software and replace it with the English bits & pieces. The GPS still works great, and we found a freeware updated map, but it has a serious identity crisis with Navi-Blue on the front, Caliber splash screen, and Blaupunkt on all the controls.

Manufacturer Notes:

This model is compatible with most brands of GPS software - however hardware specific software such as Garmin may not run on this unit. As the wholesaler, PlusBuyer provides the GPS-enabled hardware only, not the software. PlusBuyer provides no warranty or customer support regarding GPS software. PlusBuyer cannot provide downloads / links / advice regarding GPS software. Any software installation you undertake should be performed or supervised by a professional