IGNORED

Sooo, "trivia 1st gen carb part question". Or, "start to another debate"

cowpuc

Hey Puc. go over to that there new fangeled Amazon thingi the got a visable v8 and a visable wankle

Roger - WILCO!!

I think you are all missing the point here. I think the question is... Just what kind of super secret stuff is within the confines of that cover that the guru's at Yamaha wanted to prevent you from getting your greasy little fingers on? Little pieces of rubber that are prone to perforation? "Slinky" springs that will likely careen across your shop when set free? Tubular devices specially designed to get stuck at the most inopportune time and leave your VR running like crap? Pointy little needle thingies? Microscopic "c" clips and spacers that get lost on the floor of your shop? I've often pondered the need for the "wheel lock" and my conclusion is "WTF". I went over the top and replaced all the screws with stainless Allen head. Now if I could just find my Allen wrench........

EXACTLY STANG!!! My kinda people brother!!!!

"....remember that clear plastic "working" v-8 engine model..."

I assembled one of those as a kid. It was a small block chevrolet as I recall. A couple of batteries ran it and a few drops of some kind of oil kept it from seizing. If I dug deep enough in the attic I may even still have it from probably 50? years ago.

Dad gum it Zude - wish we coulda been neighbors when we were kids - I would have put the hacksaw down I used to cut the frame out of my bicycle to mount a lawn mower engine in it to help you put that plastic thing together brother!! I did have a couple friends down the road that actually had "V-room" motors while the rest of us lived on baseball cards clothe pinned to the frame so it would make "clack clack" engine sounds when the wheel rotated but NO ONE that I knew had that see thru v-8 brother - YOU would have been a best friend for a wanna be gear head I tell ya!!:thumbsup:

I had that same clear V8 model when I was a kid. Yea it was 50ish years ago.

In the other hand, I have been debating replacing all 4 side covers on my 1st gen, with clear windows and have LEDs inside of the engine to illuminate it.

:happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::thumbsup:,,,,,,,, we GOTTA do something about this confounded pond between us Jeff,, build a bridge,, fill it in or SOMETHING:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Damn I have been trying to find a way to do that Jeff...... Believe it or not but I want to attach it in there to the slider so when it comes out it appears brighter!!!

would that be cool enough to put that thick plastic we used in shop to make things maybe go with a colored clear plastic. I have always wanted to light things up problem is on that carb it would take some fidgeting to get the plastic just right to allow slider to move freely. Ah your the king of snow and king of lighting so I guess will leave that one to you... I will just stick to illuminating the ground, Actually a cool Idea tho. I thought about painting my covers a florescent color and running a black light in the frame rail. also thougth abotu a splatter job on the bike and doing it with black lights too but thought that would look ugly in regular daylight.....

Snyper, I may just have to steal that idea too. I never even thought about the dancing slides. I was just trying to think of things that move. I was going to do the water pump, the clutch, the middle gear cover and the stator cover. I was thinking of painting a swirl onto things like the flywheel or the end of the shaft under the middle gear cover since you would never be able to tell if they are spinning by looking at them. I am betting it would not be to hard to make clear plastic carb covers.

:mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

I was even thinking of making the windows into infinity mirrors that you can still see thru.:mo money:

But then I may be forced to get that pretty purple Barnett Clutch spring......................:mo money:

I know there is someone that makes the water pump and clutch covers for the V-max with windows, but they are uber expensive and painted black to match the V-max. I just need to do some research to find out if I can use the covers from my '85 parts engine on my '88, And now I have to check to see if I even have a set of carb covers.

:mo money:

1747383463_1a1ba84aa4_o.jpg I still wished flickr wouldn't have deleted my photos I used to have in Yahoo!!! Because I had a Plymouth Voyager I stuck black light and christmas lights that would beat to the music it was pretty awesome. But as Picture police say it didn't happen if there is no proof......1747386627_059670fe71_o.jpg

I have a set of those fancy anti-tamper bits but I preferred to just use a nice pair of vice-grips to turn out the old one and immediately replaced with a Phillips head screw.

I had the whole operation completed before I remembered the bit set in my tool box.

• 2 years later...