IGNORED

I'm really feel old.

Condor

I needed another vehicle and thought I'd go after a crew cab Pickup, with a little creature comfort to it, toss a camper shell on it, and replace the Suburban and the F250 with one vehicle. So I found one. A new2me Nissan Titan LE, Crew cab, 2wd, auto tranny, and 5.6 V8. This thing has more options on it than known to God...and Nissan. There are so many buttons on the dash I had to go read the manual, and I still don't know what the 'H' is going on. It might even have a 'Eject' button?? What happened to the old days when everything was easy, and one could climb into a car, and in about 15 secs, have it down pat. Now it takes a Rocket Scientist, and I ain't one, and I'm feeling really old..... :backinmyday: :(

Try renting a car at night in a strange city. I've had the attendent come over to the car wanting to know what's wrong. As I sit with the door open trying to read the buttons just to find the headlight switch! I've also learned to find the windshield wiper switch before I need it. Sometimes on the right of the column sometimes on the left. Sometimes a push button on the dash, sometimes on the column, it's a scavanger hunt.

Oh man sure hope that thing has the suplimental gas tank too. I know how you fell, my 2 current rides at home besides the scoot are a 96 ram 2500 and a 02 durango. About all the options on my PU is elec windows and intermit wipers, heck its even stick shift. For work I travel alot and we rent cars to get around. I can see myself being the guy sitting there trying to figure all this crap out before your wheeling down the pike @ 70 looking around trying to make the a/c or lights work. And whats up with the windshield wipers being here there and everywhere. Why no consitancy. At least the turn signals for the time being are staying put.

At least the turn signals for the time being are staying put.

You want to drive one of those right hand steering Jap wannabe trucks...Turn signal lever is on the right side of the column. I had to drive one at my job this summer. about the only good thing about them is they almost turn tighter than a bicycle and run forever on 25 liters of gas.

I needed another vehicle and thought I'd go after a crew cab Pickup, with a little creature comfort to it, toss a camper shell on it, and replace the Suburban and the F250 with one vehicle. So I found one. A new2me Nissan Titan LE, Crew cab, 2wd, auto tranny, and 5.6 V8. This thing has more options on it than known to God...and Nissan. There are so many buttons on the dash I had to go read the manual, and I still don't know what the 'H' is going on. It might even have a 'Eject' button?? What happened to the old days when everything was easy, and one could climb into a car, and in about 15 secs, have it down pat. Now it takes a Rocket Scientist, and I ain't one, and I'm feeling really old..... :backinmyday: :(

And that is why I bought a Venture rather than a BMW K 1600 GTL. I wanted to get back to what motorcycling is all about. I could have bought a harley--but I didn't want to watch motorcycles going by while I was broke down on the shoulder. With the 5 year warranty and unlimited mileage Yamaha has much faith in their product.

We all get caught up in the Wow Factor with all these electronic gadgets---until they go south on u--and so does our bank account.

Know how you feel. I've bought a older Windstar for my daughter so she can haul her 4 kids around safely. It has all the recalls done to it and I thought it was going to be a good vehicle. But no, it has a case of the electrical gremlins. Seems every time you fix one thing another pops up. Like you all these electrical gizmo's are nothing but trouble waiting to zap your pocketbook. I'll take manual everything just to have piece of mind anymore.:mo money::mo money::D

AND this is why I love my 1983 GMC pickup!!!! Nothing fancy everything is where I need it and it has everything that a truck needs!!! Ignition switch, wiper switch, head light switch, Wiper switch, heater switch, hi-low beam switch, knob on radio to turn it on and off, and most importantly and handle to roll down the window when it gets hot!!! :backinmyday: Everyone makes fun of my old truck but its never in the shop to get this or that little doodad fixed or the damn thing wont run!!!:smash2: It just runs and runs!!!!:stickinouttounge:

"AND this is why I love my 1983"

Same here with an '82 ford van and '87 Samurai.......then things get complicated with an '89 Chrysler 2.5l Turbo GTC....but not so much.

I choose a level of technology I can understand and repair easily and inexpensively. Haven't been to a repair shop of any kind in 40 years as I do it all myself, 'cept car tires....but I can do those also.

I still recall a Road&Track magazine article from the late '50's entitled "Death by Distraction" that keeps ringing in my ears

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA (66y.o.)

Edited by Peder_y2k
spell

Peder_y2k

Peder_y2k that's why I like the old truck so much!! Nothing on it I can't fix my self!!! I've even replaced ALL the doors, fenders, side panels and tail gate my self! But did get it painted.:backinmyday:

My wife has a 03 Pontiac Grand Am. Ant that thing has had all kinds of problems. But so far I have managed to do all the repairs on it myself! Everything from engine gaskets to electrical components, side door windows, starter and transmission lines! :smash2: Now that thing has been a money pit.:mo money::mo money::mo money:

It has a book..... alot of newer cars/trucks are coming with a Tablet in the glove box as the manual.

I have a buddy that says he was just mastering his "smart phone" when he bought his first new car in over 30 years.... Mercedes..... he says that is smarter than his smart phone.

:mo money: it all costs and it all breaks.

He77 Jack, you don't just feel old. In case no one has bothered to tell you, You is old. You was old at Cody One. You were still old at Cody 2, and you are really going to be old at VW-Dalles. :rotfl:

(well, someone had to say it)

Looking forward to it.

Better than the alternative...... :whistling:

Ok Jack, that was easy, now comes the new health care law to figure out !!! :whistling:

No problem George. Got Medicare and HMO. Nothings changed.....Yet!!

Feeling like a Dinosaur, eh Jack?!!?:backinmyday:

Just call me Dino.... Sore... :whistling:

AND this is why I love my 1983 GMC pickup!!!! Nothing fancy everything is where I need it and it has everything that a truck needs!!! Ignition switch, wiper switch, head light switch, Wiper switch, heater switch, hi-low beam switch, knob on radio to turn it on and off, and most importantly and handle to roll down the window when it gets hot!!! :backinmyday: Everyone makes fun of my old truck but its never in the shop to get this or that little doodad fixed or the damn thing wont run!!!:smash2: It just runs and runs!!!!:stickinouttounge:

Yep, I go sit in my '92F250 Diesel and get a reality fix....

And here I am still trying to figure out my VCR.........

I leave the VCR to the kids... :)

Stay away from mirrors as only your feelings, and back and knees and head, hurt!! Don't want to hurt your eyes toooooo:whistling::bighug:

LOL.... :) No problem Rick... I get to visit my Dad that way.... :backinmyday:

My last two cars have been Lincolns. After those i have missed my '62 Impala dearly. No gizmos. No gadgets. Could always get home as long as i had a screwdriver, a nail file and a paperclip.

I dread ever having to buy a new car.

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

Just back from England. Rented a car. It took 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it on. Spent 1/2 hour trying to program the GPS. Even the attendant could not help. Gave up and drove to first town with wife navigating. Next day she starts out on the Thames trail so I am on my own with a car that does not like me and a GPS that hates me. Another 1/2 hour and I figured it out. It was easy to follow until it informed me I had reached my destination. I was sitting on a single lane track in the middle of a farmers field without a building in sight.

Just back from England. Rented a car. It took 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it on. Spent 1/2 hour trying to program the GPS. Even the attendant could not help. Gave up and drove to first town with wife navigating. Next day she starts out on the Thames trail so I am on my own with a car that does not like me and a GPS that hates me. Another 1/2 hour and I figured it out. It was easy to follow until it informed me I had reached my destination. I was sitting on a single lane track in the middle of a farmers field without a building in sight.

Well, I just went to Phoenix and rented a Fusion (Yes the one that seems that Aston Martin...). I spent also 10 minutes until I realize that there were no space for the Key (WHy in a heck they provide one???), and the push button didn't work if you don't push the break....

The GPS was easy, but spent another 10 minutes until I found out about the cursors buttons on the left and right of the wheel. And, last day I parked outside the Hotel to return the magnetic keys, and didn't realize that left the card on Drive before to turn off the engine...

Yes, another 15 minutes to figure out...

Old, yes Sure....

:depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed: