IGNORED

TheCoffsKid

To all,

Just joined and thought I would login and say hi.

I live in Australia, in Coffs Harbour which is halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.

I have a 2006 Tour Deluxe with 23k kms; white pearl.

Will be doping some mods with the help of this forum.

Cheers,

:301:

He's closer to Spear. Annie lives on the other side of the country from him. Of course we don't know how far he likes to ride.

Welcome to the site. The guys will help you spend lots of money on your bike. Plus if you are handy they can help you make lots of stuff too.

Margaret

Welcome aboard, mate. You will learn much and get even more sarcasm from some, I will not mention who.:whistling: This is a great bunch of misfits and outlaws. :clap2:

:farmer:

I will have you know that I resemble that remark. :doh: I mean resent that remark. :innocent:

Welcome to the madness Coffs.

thanx for all the kind replies.

I am already spending a fair sum on the bike, so anyone with any ideas better get in quick.

next longish trip will be to Tamworth for the Country Music Festival Jan 14 which is approx. 300kms;

then the big one...Phillips island for the MotoGP in October 14 which will take 5 days to get there and approx. 2900kms

cheers,

gd

Spear,

i'm not sure of the twisty bits just yet.

my last bike was an R1 so it was twisties, twisties and more twisties!

this feels as manoeuvrable as the titanic sidestepping the iceberg, but....

I've ordered the lift kit from Diamond R as per the comments on this forum, and with a little fiddling of the air pressures it should be ok, albeit without the damage to my knees!

(its actually the line dancing i'm going to see....shhhh)

:322:

Will this be your first trip to Tamworth for the yee-haa festival?

Hope you've booked your accommodation because that place is crazy and HOT that time of year. Check out the Tudor Hotel in the main drag for a beer and a feed.

welcome to another Aussie from down under down under my 99 venture came from Coffs and i was there for the ulysses AGM a few years back [it was bloody hot for us southerners] my next long ride is may next year going to the Alice Springs ulysses AGM and doing a 7,500ks round trip they are great bike for long trips .might see you on the road one day :backinmyday:

Okay then. As long as we're talking about Coffs and the origins of bikes, it so happens that MY 2004 Venture originated from there as well. Swapped my BMW R1150RT (and some cash) for it a few years back. Can't remember the previous owner's name but he was in his early 60s, a retired firie and a fellow Ulyssian. I rode from my home town to Merriwa and he popped over from a ride he was doing to Tamworth (world's getting smaller) and we swapped over a cup of coffee and a phone call to QBE to swap our insurance policies. He headed back to Coffs via a visit to his son in Newcastle and I headed back home with the biggest grin on my face!

I get to Tamworth a couple of times a year as my sister lives (and rides) there.

got my 99 from a teacher in Mullaway just north of coffs he got it new.he is a ulyssian as well. i watched it for 12 months in the for sales didn't have the money till i sold my kawasaki vn800 outfit [ i towed my camper around Aus in 2008 after the Townsville ulysses agm] he was riding back from Perth WA on the Nullarbor put his foot down on some loose gravel when fueling up the bike fell over and trapped his and his wifes foot under it they then decided it was to heavy for them. lots of people looked at it but they all thought it was to heavy . i thought it was a bit heave to start with [ i was once told by an older tourist in tassie" bite of more than you can chew and swallow like hell"] but after riding it back to tassie through tamworth, gulgong , bathurst and hooking it up to the camper i loved it then it fell over in my backyard after i washed it [ it was a very slow fall] i decided to put an outrigger on it. the wife thinks the sidecar is a coffin looking for a hole to hop in but hopefully it won't do the slow fall over again.

spear,

accommodation all sorted; got my own room at one of my beat mates place. she usually billets a couple from Canada who aren't coming next year.

I have only seen one other Royal star in Coffs so far; it was a gen 1.

Bloke who is going to service/work on the bike only services 2, so they look to be pretty rare.

Guest tx2sturgis

I live in Australia, in Coffs Harbour which is halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.

Will be doping some mods with the help of this forum.

'Doping some mods'? Is that anything like 'shrimp on the barbie'?

Count me in! :D

Welcome...and have fun.

:happy34: