IGNORED

Posting and going back

XV1100SE

When I post a reply in a thread, I usually hit the back button on the browser which takes me back to the window where I posted my response. Hitting back again takes me back to the original thread. Hit back once more takes me to all the threads.

On some forums, after you submit a reply, it goes to the thread with your post in the thread. Hitting back takes you to all the threads and by-passes the edit screen and original view of the thread you are in.

Is this possible with the version of the forum software we use?

What I do after I reply to a post is to hit the "New Posts" selection on the lower ribbon, that way it takes you back to the forums with your new post on top and any updated posts that happened while you were posting are below yours.

But I know what you are talking about, like the Delphi forums gives you a CONTINUE button after you post that takes you back to the forums.

What I do after I reply to a post is to hit the "New Posts" selection on the lower ribbon, that way it takes you back to the forums with your new post on top and any updated posts that happened while you were posting are below yours.

:sign yeah that:..............I do the same thing..........., (and I also understand what he is asking..)

After posting on a thread it will take me back to the forum and show the post. Afterwards I go up to the navigation forward/back arrows, and right next to them I have a recent pages drop down menu arrow. Click on the 'search results' page and you're back on the 'new posts' page. Easy. One click and you're done. Using XP Pro.

If it is simple. Would be nice if when you post it goes back to the page you were on with your post in it, then if you hit back it would take you back to the forum page you were in.

If it takes more than 5 minutes to change it, don't bother. All I have to do is hit back 3 times so not a big deal. Just a suggestion.

I have a back arrow pointing to the left, and one forward arrow pointing to the right and beside that is a arrow that points down. Instead of hitting the back arrow hit the down arrow and a pop menu shows your history go down two to the one that says Venturerider.org - Search Results.

That will reduce your clicking by one, just think of the time you could save using this method :think:

:rotf:

I have a back arrow pointing to the left, and one forward arrow pointing to the right and beside that is a arrow that points down. Instead of hitting the back arrow hit the down arrow and a pop menu shows your history go down two to the one that says Venturerider.org - Search Results.

That will reduce your clicking by one, just think of the time you could save using this method :think:

:rotf:

That all depends on how far you are away from the original post. I think you need to do the math on how many back clicks you'll need and how much time it takes to return after posting a response to thread. You can do anything you want, but if you're only on the next page you might try just using the 'back' arrow. It's not the clicks but the time it takes to reload the previous pages...

:sign yeah that: If you are forced to use Infernal Exploder, you can click and hold the back arrow and the menu will pop up. You can see the history and which ones were the posting screens and jump to the one just before it.

-Andrew

Not forced to use IE at all. I've taken a look at most of the other browsers and thought they all were lacking and poor IE imitators. Didn't like any of them. Actually I thought Netscape was pretty good... Better than XT Turbo anyway.... :)