IGNORED

Need help on 2nd gen. Clutch upgrade

naturbar

I just completed (well almost) the clutch upgrade kit from skydoc_17. Earl send me info to help do the install and I was also using a post by Freebird who used Tartan Terror write up. Here is my dilemma, I am complete with the upgrade except for tightening the six bolts which hold the clutch spring and pressure plate in place. Here is an excerpt from the above mentioned post...." When installing the spring retainer plate and bolts, be careful not to tighten the 6 bolts too tight. Also, you will need to make sure that the spring is centered. There are notches on the towers that the 6 bolts tighten into that the finger on the center of the spring should rest on. Tighten evenly and crisscross your torqueing pattern. The torque is 5.8 ft lbs or 70 in.lbs."

It says the fingers of the spring should rest on the notches on the six towers ....here is my problem, there are six towers and eight finger on the spring- I can see no way to make six of the eight fingers rest on the six notches in the towers??? I'm only minutes away from completing this but am stuck here....help and TIA.

Buz

Edited by naturbar
SkyDoc_17 answered my question...