IGNORED

Difficult navigation

Auld

I've been here off and on over a few years, and I always find it so difficult to find 1st Generation Tech Help. I've been there before, but I don't understand why it is so difficult to find. I keep looking at the left column hoping to see something, but No. I have an electrical question about my 1983 XVZ12TK, but I don't know where to post it. :confused24:

on the left in the main menu click on VRTECH :backinmyday:

The VRTech link on the left gets you to the read only tech section.

To post a question you want the "First Generation Venture Tech Talk".

Go to "Forums" in either the "Main Menu" on the left of the screen or the tab at the top left of the screen second row. Scroll down to the "Tech Talk" (second section down) and there you will find the "First Generation Venture Tech Talk" to post your question.

Here's where I think you're having trouble:

When you go to http://www.venturerider.org you're not quite in the forum. You're on a landing page that shows you many things, including recent posts from the forum.

To get to a the forum proper you need to choose "Forum" at the top left. There you'll see the bulletin board format I think you're probably looking for.

Well, I got there. I was frustrated and in a hurry. And maybe even stupid. I got there and searched and found the answer to my question: What does the Reserve Lighting Unit do? Now I understand it, and I see that my problem is NOT the RLU but soldering on the CMU, which is almost always the problem on a 30-yo bike, isn't it? :301:

Maybe I'll just aim my blow torch at the CMU and do all the solder joints in one blow. :shock3:

Or maybe I won't. :no-no-no:

Guest tx2sturgis
I always find it so difficult to find 1st Generation Tech Help. I've been there before, but I don't understand why it is so difficult to find.

That's a 'feature'...

:p