IGNORED

Trouble Shooting - Goldwing Not Charging?

Eck

Your on the road and notice your GW is not charging.

· With key on, check to see if orange light for cruise is on. If not it IS the alternator

· Cruise control fuse is part of the charging circuit! Check fuse #19 on the 01-05 bikes and fuse #16 on the 06 and later bikes. If this fuse is blown, it will appear the alternator is bad. This fuse usually blows from a wire being pinched in the handlebar covers

Below pics show the fuse number for the headlight by year so you know which one to pull to get maximum distance on remaining battery life if you notice your alternator went, and you want to save life in your battery. Pull this fuse# and it will kill the headlights to help you get a little farther with a dead alternator.

On the 01-05 models: "Head Rly Fuse," #9

On the 06-10 models: "Head Main Fuse," #14

On the 12 & 13 models: "Head Main Fuse," #12

On the 2013 F6B: "Head HI L Fuse," #12

Edited by Eck

Good info Eck. But I ain't buying no Wing!!

Well Dan, something tells me that I wont be seeing you on a wing any time soon either.. :rasberry:

Eck are you having problems with the new alternator? do you need some assistance? call me if you need a hand or someone to give you a hard time.

Im at home till the weekend so I can come help if needed

Jeff

Jeff,

All I am doing is posting some helpful information in the Goldwing Tech section for those who own wings. Appreciate your offer, but I am not having any problems with my remanufactured alternator (thanks GOD)..

However, I am getting ready to tackle rebuilding the front forks with new sliders/ bushings and seals with fresh oil, and then going after the brake system cleaning / rebuilding calipers and installing new pads.