IGNORED

Damit !!!! Embarrassing Moment

Brake Pad

this is hard for me to swallow, but I hit the ground twice in the last 3 weeks. the goldwing seat is alot higher then the ventures. I find my right leg doesn't make it over the seat all the way as I get off. Twice, yes twice, I landed on my ass, trying to get off this thing. the last time was in my garage, yesterday. I really thought the bike was coming over on me that time.

so tell me, do I owe?

LOL Mike while on my trip to Canada I had a tour pack on the passenger part of the seat. On one of the days returning home (on the hurry up plan) I got off to get gas and didnt quit clear the drive backrest. Foot sort of hung up and there you are, creating a new dance to no music. But I didnt hit the ground, just looked really silly. I think your off the hook though.

Illogical as it sounds I find it easier to step over the seat from the high side, if that fails let all the air out of the suspension and then get on.

or get a buddy to get down on his hands and knees and use him as a step stool

Al

Illogical or not, your right. Something about the angle makes it easier. Which begs the question. How did it become "the rule" that you get on a horse or a motorcycle from the left side only? To the point I actually feel I am doing something wrong if I get on from the high side.

Hold onto the grip, keep your left foot on the peg, stand up and slide your right leg over the seat and down to the ground. You can also use the passenger foot board.

Yyeeaahhh, sure... that works well for most ppl, not for me tho :) ,,,...until the kickstand on the G1 breaks, :yikes: and you hit the ground with the bike on top of you with a big crowd around you...:)

I was glad I had my helmet on as I hit my head hard and the helmet had some nasty scratches on it:cool10:

Brian