IGNORED

Water Front Trail

Huggy

This a route for bikes, as in peddle, but it can be used as a scenic motorcycle route that runs along the St Lawrence River, North Shore of Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. It starts at the Ontario/Quebec border on Hwy 2. It runs east to Stoney Point on Lake St. Clair. Most of the route is on paved roads but parts do use off road trails. But you can just make d-tours around these off road sections. Also the route is well marked with signs that say "Water Font Trail" on them. The route is broken up into map sections which can be found on the following web site:

http://www.waterfronttrail.org/trail.html

I think this would be well worth looking into for anyone looking for news roads to try.

This a route for bikes, as in peddle, but it can be used as a scenic motorcycle route that runs along the St Lawrence River, North Shore of Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. It starts at the Ontario/Quebec border on Hwy 2. It runs east to Stoney Point on Lake St. Clair. Most of the route is on paved roads but parts do use off road trails. But you can just make d-tours around these off road sections. Also the route is well marked with signs that say "Water Font Trail" on them. The route is broken up into map sections which can be found on the following web site:

http://www.waterfronttrail.org/trail.html

I think this would be well worth looking into for anyone looking for news roads to try.

The Lake Erie portion of that trail has been one of the local rides that I never seem to get done.

In the latest issue of Roadrunner, there is an article about the ride around Lake Erie, the current issue talks about the US side of the ride from Detroit to Buffalo, and the next issue has the Canadian part of the ride.

Mike

I have ventured on parts of it. A section of it runs right past my house! If you are looking for a nice ride with curves, hills and views of Lake Erie it is pretty good once you get west of fort Erie. Lots of small towns and fine eateries along the route. I plan on riding the whole Lake Erie to Lake Saint Clair section next summer once I have the VR on the road. Would be more comfortable then riding my XJ750 on this stretch.:whistling:

:mytruck1: