IGNORED

Textile Jacket

Bert2006

Just bought a Joe Rocket Balistic 12.0 textile jacket. :cool10: Cant wait to try it out when i get back home next week. (At Canada Games in Sherbrooke Quebec cherring for my soccer playing son and we took the cage to get there.)

Hope its not too hot.:scorched: It has a removable liner and lots of vent holes. Its the first jacket I try out in a store that didnt cause me to sweat right up.

:322:

Bert, I wear the JR 11.0 it is open mesh with a removable liner. I bought it at beginning of June, put several thousand kilometers on and have not yet put the liner in. I have had rain jacket over it a few times.

I always find my back gets sweaty. My next windshield on the Venture will have vents in it for sure to help cool me some.

ride safe

I have a vented textile Tourmaster. I'm in central Fla and anything over about 80-85 you can hardley stand it if you get stopped. My back would get really hot also, so I took the big pad out of the center of the back. Yea I know I'm loosing some protection there. I also found a good deal on a Firstgear textile jacket and picked it up. It has a quilted liner and is not a mesh type air jacket. So that one is relagated to a winter only jacket.

• 5 months later...

Just received my new Teknic HiViz jacket from RevZilla.com and really like it. Never bought from RevZilla or heard anything about them before so thought I would bring this online retailer to your attention. The Freeway jacket is on clearance sale right now for US$159 which is about half price in the USA and way less than in Canada where I found it online for regular price CDN$429. They only have size 48 and 50 left.

Those sizes don't seem to be used much so to give you an idea what they are about, I am 6' 3", 210 lb with a 40" waist I previously was wearing a Teknic jacket size 52 which was overly large. The jacket I purchased was 50 with a nice loose fit. Another reviewer of the jacket, who is about the same size as I am, purchased a size 48 and reported that it fit well. In my opinion the size 48 would also have been a good fit for me but more on the snug side.

RevZilla has a promo video of the jacket so if anyone is interested in a warm waterproof jacket, they should check it out here.

Since thread was ressucitated here is an update on the Balistic Jacket.

I ended up getting the pants as well and both have a generous fit. Good for me as I am big guy. Had to add a few velcro tabs at the bottom of the pant legs so I could have the cuffs tighter and not flap in the wind or drag on the ground when walking. The balistic model is way too hot for summer use even with all liners removed and vents open. Worked great in fall though and only put liners back in October and November. Pants are ok as they have a big removable flap that allows air in on hot day's. :scorched:

Quality is very good, only gripes are that most badges and reflectors are iron on and are staring to peal away. For the price I would have expected real sewn on badges. Also when all of the liners are in, it is heavy.

:322:

• 2 years later...