IGNORED

Audio Cutting Out

I am about at my halfwitt's end...

I recently installed OEM driving lights on my '07 RSV. Since then, I have had issues with the audio cutting out. I have had the faring apart twice now and I jiggle wires trying to get it to cut out and can't find anything. It happens most frequently when it is warm, accelerating or going up hill. Lately it has started to be be more persistent and even will cut out when stopped. I unplugged the 2.5mm line coming out and ran Pandora from my phone straight to that cable and it still cuts out. It cuts out if I am using the aux jack on the cassette or if I am using radio. All four speakers are cutting out.

Does anyone have any guesses where I might look for a loose wire or loose ground?

ARGH!:confused07:

halfwit, I had to use zip ties on the connectors inside the fairing to get mine to stop. I cleaned the connectors, made sure there was no moisture in them, put a little dielectric grease on each one then I zipped a tie ahead and behind the connector then ran two ties one on each side of the connector passing through the first two and pulled them all tight. it has been there now for about two years. :080402gudl_prv:

Thanks guys! When it stops raining I'll see what I can find. I'm especially interested in the wires under the seat. That would explain why I can shake the heck out of all the wires up front and can't duplicate. I'll let you know what/if I find anything!

Hey Yammer! I was just staying away to see if anyone would miss me. I do lurk occasionally to see if you are behaving yourself. Things are great here. Lots of home improvement projects this year. I haven't put too many miles on the scoot. Wife tells me there will be no projects next year. We've been talking about doing a WV run with my brother who is down in SC.

Hey Yammer! I was just staying away to see if anyone would miss me. I do lurk occasionally to see if you are behaving yourself. Things are great here. Lots of home improvement projects this year. I haven't put too many miles on the scoot. Wife tells me there will be no projects next year. We've been talking about doing a WV run with my brother who is down in SC.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

So, I jiggled here, and jiggled there. I unplugged and plugged all the connectors (except for one I couldn't get apart). I greased up everything. I removed the seat and jiggled some more. I did find that the stack of wires on my positive terminal was a little loose and I snugged that down. Put everything back together and VOILA (or for you string players, VIOLA!) My audio is good. I'm not sure what fixed it. I would think if it was the loose positive terminals then all electric would have been cutting out. No matter - it's fixed. I need to put a fuse block in under the seat so I will go find that post and make that my next project.

Thanks all!

So, I jiggled here, and jiggled there. I unplugged and plugged all the connectors (except for one I couldn't get apart). I greased up everything. I removed the seat and jiggled some more. I did find that the stack of wires on my positive terminal was a little loose and I snugged that down. Put everything back together and VOILA (or for you string players, VIOLA!) My audio is good. I'm not sure what fixed it. I would think if it was the loose positive terminals then all electric would have been cutting out. No matter - it's fixed. I need to put a fuse block in under the seat so I will go find that post and make that my next project.

Thanks all!

Now if we can shake the north side off of ya and put some southside on, you will b all right.

S O X