IGNORED

Fuel Filter relocation

Hi All

I've searched several post. I see a lot of people have relocated their fuel filter but I haven't been able to find the steps to do it. Does someone have the steps on how I should relocate my fuel filter or direct me to the post that has the step by step instructions.

Thanks in advance

Vince

Hi All

I've searched several post. I see a lot of people have relocated their fuel filter but I haven't been able to find the steps to do it. Does someone have the steps on how I should relocate my fuel filter or direct me to the post that has the step by step instructions.

Vince

The process is simple enough. You have to remove the filter from it's holder on the frame. There is enough fuel hose on the downstream side of the filter to allow you to pull it up out of it's miserable oem location and rest it up on top of the frame under the seat, there is space there, just have to fit it in properly... You will then end up with excess fuel hose on the upstream side of the filter. You can coil this up or cut it to length. When doing this relocation, be sure to check that the hoses are not pinched or crushed or kinked. When all is said and done, all you'll need to do next time is remove the seat and voila, a fuel filter easy to reach and change. The downstream length of hose has hard bends manufactured in it, but there was enough length over all on mine to allow this relocation without kinks or pinching the hose. I subsequently replaced it with a proper length of fuel hose.