IGNORED

training question 2

Big Lou

i can back up now , actually easier than i was thinking .... just didnt want anybody laughing ,, i hate that

2, is there a way to get used to a passanger that i dont know about ???

all the bike before ,precious, the passenger sat close and would have to hold on ,, with this couch they will be able to move around freely..not holding on to me ,,

does this movement do anything un expected to handling that ,,,,,,,,,,,,....?????

the only stupid question is the unasked one!!!!

i can back up now , actually easier than i was thinking .... just didnt want anybody laughing ,, i hate that

all the bike before ,precious, the passenger sat close and would have to hold on ,, with this couch they will be able to move around freely..not holding on to me ,,

does this movement do anything un expected to handling that ,,,,,,,,,,,,....?????

Suggest watching the Pick the Bike Up demo on Ride Like A Pro!!!:cool10:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

You do have to do some passenger training. This may still require the room with the mirrored ceiling.

At low speed or stopped the passenger must sit still, or you will need that vid on picking the bike up.

At speed the passenger is not heavy enough to make much difference if any.

There is a vid around somewhere that shows a bike modified with a second set of handlebars bolted to the frame so that the driver can not make unconscious minor tweaks to the steering, to show the effects of weight shift alone. This was on a crotch rocket type bike. With the driver hanging way off to the side like one would expect a racer to do in the corners, the bike just barely made a slow lane change.

I 2nd that the passenger has to sit still at low speeds.

My wife always looks into the corner so her head is on the same side of center as the corner...helps her follow the lean into the corner better.

You can always put arm rests on the bike to help restrain them

(I just happen to have a set of MK II arm rests for sale)

The passenger should be like a sack of rice on the back and just relax. Have a chat prior explaining no sudden movements or shifting during turns, slow speeds and stops. To let you know when the passenger needs to shift weight or make adjustments. Other than that, the passenger although visually in your mind seems like you need to do more, you do not. Just sound fundamentals and a passenger that understands what you want/ don't want.

should be lookin where you are going, moving at slow speeds will be noticeable. Borrow a tandem bike and have her up front and sit still, then move around a bit. She will understand, it's not absolutely still but leaning and reaching are noticeable. I Put a leather fanny pack to my back rest, all her stuff is in front of her.

Guest tx2sturgis
, all her stuff is in front of her.

I prefer my women that way too.

(just keeping up with the pervs, talking about bondage, restraint, and mirrored ceilings)

:whistling:

Your passenger needs to be a sack of wheat, straight up and not to lean one way or the other. If you draw an imaginary line at the back of the scoot, from the ground, up the rear tire, over the center of the trunk it should continue to the center of their helmet. When you ride straight that line should stay straight up and when you lean into a curve that line should remain straight, so they do lean with the bike, but stay in virtually the same position in reference to the line we just imagined. If they don't stay in that position you'll have a heck of a time in the corners, either your bike will cut the corner if they try to help, or if they counter lean you'll be taking a real close look at the road side.

As long as you are going straight, they can do almost anything they want, stretch their legs, move their butt, wave, go to sleep (mostly not recommended), you feel the movement but will have very little effect on anything, but in the curves, sit-down, shut-up and hang on.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT . still getting used to this big bike ,, it is the biggest i ever rode

i just wasnt sure if something was different, than when the passanger is holding on

and yes i am one to stand up at a light,, and shift ,,or scratch,,, the mirrored ceiling came with fleas ,so I will be sure to watch out for the extra weight ,,

sure does eats the miles dont it???

Just came to mind with your 'stand-up' comment.

Make sure you have a place to put your feet when you come to a stop, and not on a painted line. It won't be any bigger problem than it was before, but now with the added weight at standstill, it gonna be much more important.

• 3 weeks later...
I suggest a nice motel room with mirrored ceilings and a hot tub.

FIXING TO START WITH THIS IDEA,, THIS WEEK,SHE DOES NOT HAVE A HELMET YET AND I THINK I NEED TO GET THE MEASUREMENTS,,, SHE DOES LOOK MY SIZE .. JUST MY SIZE:):):fingers-crossed-emo:):)