IGNORED

Tough to "find" neutral

JohnT

I am hoping this is not going to be a :mo money:issue. I seem to be having a hard time finding nuetral. No, I didn't lose it. I remember right where it is. But I'm having a heck of a time to get it in. Seems to skip right over to first or second.

Additional information that may be related.

The clutch steels and frictions are new, less than 5000 miles and dealer installed.

I did have to refill and bleed the clutch. Slave cylinder has been leaking. I may not have the same "pressure" at the clutch handle as I might should have. (still not fully bled?)

I am due for an oil change. No where near over due. 3000 miles on full synthetic oil. But I did let 1500 mile oil sit in the bike over the winter. Couldn't make myself drain $10 a quart oil in that short a time.

Fairly typical of low clutch fluid or air, bleed the clutch and then insure the reservoir is half full on the glass and the bellows are clean and relaxed and you should be good to go, but it will reoccur until you get the new seals in the slave or a new slave.

Thanks guys. Guess I will call Buckeye. They have them coming in later this week. Going to buy the entire slave instead of the ring kit. I have already subscribed to the slave replacement thread.

I ordered the entire slave from Buckeye. I didn't think to ask them what else I might need. I have to get a seal for the one bolt that goes through the cover, right? Anything else?

Thanks in advance folks.

Again, $12 is a DEAL for membership here.

Edited by JohnT
Forgot to ask some questions

Hey, just bought a 2006 Midnight Venture, I love a lot of things about this bike- but have found it hard to find neutral as well, thanks for the tips- I do have a whine at certain speeds around 100km a little noisy and 110km it really screams- at 120km smooth silk no noise whatsoever- 130km 140km the same nice and smooth- to bad the speed limit is 100km in Ontario Canada

My 2006 RSTD got that way. Pretty well had to shut it off to get neutral, even if I just wanted to do so at a stoplight.

I don't remember when it happened but it was not like that when I bought it used at 17k miles. At about 50K miles I had a friend put in new clutch parts and the Barrett plate.

Clutch was not slipping but wanted better performance.

Well, after that was done, finding neutral was fixed.

It may not take that, but that's what did it for me.

Mike G