IGNORED

Looking for trunk lid hinge bolt, 92 VR

dewinks

Hi guys and gals,

I just noticed yesterday that I am missing one of the Hinge bolts that attach the two trunk pieces together on my 92 Royale. If anyone has any of this hardware, I would pay for it plus shipping in an envelope or whatever. the entire bike is original, so I want the exact bolt. It is silver and is either allen head or torx head. Thanks and let me know if you have something.

N.

I just took a look at a set of hinges I have. I'm not sure if they came off a MKI or MKII, but in any event the hinge pins are press fit and not removable on this set. To take the to halves of the trumk apart the hinges need to be removed. I assume this is for security reasons. Otherwise anyone could open your trunk without a key?? Just guessing here...?? Another thought is that the hinge pin might not be stock and already modified on your bike by a PO, if your the second owner??

I just took a look at the manual and these hinges look the same as those shown. So it looks like if you want to keep the bike absolutely stock, you're going to have to replace the hinges... Otherwise take a trip to ACE Hardware.

I just took a look at a set of hinges I have. I'm not sure if they came off a MKI or MKII, but in any event the hinge pins are press fit and not removable on this set. To take the to halves of the trumk apart the hinges need to be removed. I assume this is for security reasons. Otherwise anyone could open your trunk without a key?? Just guessing here...?? Another thought is that the hinge pin might not be stock and already modified on your bike by a PO, if your the second owner??

I just took a look at the manual and these hinges look the same as those shown. So it looks like if you want to keep the bike absolutely stock, you're going to have to replace the hinges... Otherwise take a trip to ACE Hardware.

thanks for the reply! they are definitely threaded bolts. two for the top and two for the bottom box of the trunk. i will try to post a pic. should have done it the first post, sorry, but I was not near the bike, and had thought of it, so posted it. See attached.

N.

thanks for the reply! they are definitely threaded bolts. two for the top and two for the bottom box of the trunk. i will try to post a pic. should have done it the first post, sorry, but I was not near the bike, and had thought of it, so posted it. See attached.

N.

I do not recall seeing a torx head bolt on a 1st gen used anywhere. But then I am not all knowing. That's my wife !!

Parts fiche & parts number cross reference I have show same screw used on trunk from 1986 thru 1993. May help if someone has an unused trunk lying around.

P/N 90159-05132-00

Gary

Here is a couple of pictures.

I found the entire hinges and screw set. I'm thinking that if someone ever needs the entire set they probably should have some screws left over from their set so would not need all the screws.

It is your for the asking, just POM me your address.

I understand how you feel about not just going to the hardware store and finding just any screw that would fit. Just like me. No one would know but you and I would know.

;-)

Here is a couple of pictures.

I found the entire hinges and screw set. I'm thinking that if someone ever needs the entire set they probably should have some screws left over from their set so would not need all the screws.

It is your for the asking, just POM me your address.

I understand how you feel about not just going to the hardware store and finding just any screw that would fit. Just like me. No one would know but you and I would know.

;-)

you people are all so darn nice! Thanks a million to all who responded, and especially to Golf :cool10: !

I dont have any spare parts to trade with anyone yet (haven't wrecked my venture yet!), but i do have GL1200 goldwing pieces and some VMax stuff if anybody needs any bits. Just shout! Don't have a lot, but some things......... I'll probably list them in the classifieds to avoid any confusion and a million questions. He he he.

N.

you people are all so darn nice! Thanks a million to all who responded, and especially to Golf :cool10: !

I dont have any spare parts to trade with anyone yet (haven't wrecked my venture yet!), but i do have GL1200 goldwing pieces and some VMax stuff if anybody needs any bits. Just shout! Don't have a lot, but some things......... I'll probably list them in the classifieds to avoid any confusion and a million questions. He he he.

N.

OK, VMax stuff has my attention.

PM me with available goodies.

Gary