IGNORED

Let's play "Pay it forward". Free windshield to start

Stay with me here, I think you will want to be involved:

Here's what I want to do. And I truly hope it ends up like I want it to.. I want to pay it forward to someone and make their day. I know you do to? I recently sent my stock windshield to "BOSSMAN" aka Larry, paid the shipping and ask nothing in return other than he pay it forward. (I am not saying that for a pat on the back, stay with me here).

Today, Larry posted his short smoked windshield on the forum for free, paying it forward. And of course, "BARRYCUDA" got a great deal.

NOW, This did my soul good, and my soul was needing some good today. SO, this is why I am here now, posting this ad. I got to thinking....

I would like to start a perpetual "pay it forward" as it were and see where it goes. There are going to be a few rules, of which I am sure no one will have a problem with.

Rule #1. The person paying it forward must pay for shipping. (Yes, to Canada too)

Rule #2. The person paying it forward must NOT charge for the item.

Rule #3. The item listed by person paying it forward, must be equal to or preferably greater in price than the item received, I suggest links as I have shown below showing approximate value new.

Rule #4. Listed items if used must be stated as so, with any blemishes or flaws.

and finally,

Rule #5. This "PAY IT FORWARD" IS VOLUNTARY and should be used to help someone that is WILLING to pay forward to another lucky member as an act of kindness, generosity and with a true spirit of giving. THE RECIPIENT MUST BE WILLING TO TIMELY PAY AN ITEM FORWARD. PERIOD

After this pay it forward has run it's course, Here's where I would like the final and last pay it forward to end and everyone involved should understand this WILL be the final gift. (and I hope it's big) I will keep this post active for 2? months?

I have not had the opportunity to meet Don (freebird) personally. I have PM'd him and communicated thru email, but I gotta tell ya, he must be something special to keep this nuthouse intact.

The final gift will go to Don, for keeping my "facebook" aka VR.org active, and for the endlesss hours of work he puts into this site.

So I know you guys and girls will get behind this, and I hope he ends up with a first gen? or new trailer? or maybe his own personal masseuse?, his house cleaned free after MD? It's up to you..

Thank you for reading and here is the first item being payed forward.

10 3/4" (my measurement) smoked Slipstreamer windshield, that I took off when bought baggershield. Only used a month, I cleaned it, packed it , it's ready to go. Has a couple little scuffs that are about at the dash level and will not notice. It's near perfect/new. It fits a 2nd GEN only.

I have been blessed, now let's bless someone else....

http://www.motorcyclepartsareus.com/PROD/559256.html

http://www.motorcyclewindshielddealer.com/products/Yamaha-XVZ-1300-Royal-Star-Venture-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-Slip-Streamer-10%22-Windshield.html

I disagree respectfully. I have a 1st gen windshield in very good condition, free for the request, and would love the shorty slipsteamer. Is that how it works? It is off of an '84 OEM. Pictures on request.

Edited by Caveman
added year

ok, if someone wants the 2nd gen slipstream, all you have to do is say so. Then you list your item in this thread as the next item free for taking. It could be a trailer, 1st gen parts, whatever you feel led to donate. As long as it is equal or greater value than what you receive.

Sorry for the confusion,:think::think:

Ride Safe,

James

:biker:

James,

Your post is an invite to all. Many thanks from this end.

What your efforts are doing (except for end result) was very similar to the FREE APRTS section we had a few years back.

I posted not long ago about the same thing. If you have a part sitting in the garage or barn on a shelf and not being used, how about donating it to the free parts list. Anyone wanting it would contact the owner and the owner would ship it to the needing person. Sometimes the owner would pay the shipping and other times not.

It went very well for about three years. Many received and exchanged free parts and brought total strangers together. At different meet & eats those people would be able to put a face with a name and also be able to see the part they gave to that person on their bike.

The slight difference is your sought after end result of which I think is great. Freebird would love to have his house cleaned after MD...but if I were he, I would rather have my bike cleaned up and waxed so it is ready to go ...ha

Good on you, for your efforts in bringing strangers who have the same interest together.

ok, I'm not cofused anymore. I'll take the slipstream and give the first gen windsheild to the next taker. I might be able to find some other '84 parts to through in to sweet'n the deal.:thumbsup:

Ok Caveman, It's all yours. PM me an address and I will get it mailed out! Thank You.

It's up to Caveman now, and he will be posting a 1st Gen windshield and maybe some other goodies! to go with it!

Thanks Eck, I really hope this ends up like I think it will....:thumbsup2:

Help this thread along people, who needs a 1st Gen windshield?????

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody needs 1st gen parts to get bike running, PM me. Most of stuff I have I will send out for cost of shipping to help somebody.

No radio or CB stuff.

Some body parts.

A lot of misc. parts. When I say a lot several pickup trucks worth would be a conservative estimate. I hang on to stuff to try and help people. Ya, some of the hard to find stuff that is worth something, I try to get something out of.

Gary

• 1 year later...

I could certainly use a full windshield for my 83 gen one. When I bought it the guy chopped it down. This last weekend I did a 270 mile ride and wore me out from the wind.

My only issue is I don't have any bike parts to pass on as this is my first bike. What I can offer is some show tickets to the show I play for here in Branson. One of the first shows in town. I would also be willing to throw in a lunch at one of my fav BBQ places in town.

Will this count as a pay it forward?

Thanks guys.

I could certainly use a full windshield for my 83 gen one. When I bought it the guy chopped it down. This last weekend I did a 270 mile ride and wore me out from the wind.

My only issue is I don't have any bike parts to pass on as this is my first bike. What I can offer is some show tickets to the show I play for here in Branson. One of the first shows in town. I would also be willing to throw in a lunch at one of my fav BBQ places in town.

Thanks guys.

Why not? :banana::banana::banana::dancefool:

Thanks guys.

I say yes! PM me your address Clayton and I will send it to you. Anyone want the tickets and a free bbq? Speak up now.

ok not looking for parts Dingy already took care of the mirror i was looking for so in the spirit of things Ill throw this in. I have a homemade trailer free to good home. I cant find the title but can do a lost title if needed . This is mine and registered to me. Who ever wants it will need to come and get it. I pulled it behind my 91 vr for many a mile with no problem. Toungue is a little long for some folks but it worked on mine. Before I had the section added to stretch it the trailer would tail wag. So here goes nothing as I was the first to make an issue with this thread then I will make amens.............really just want it out of my yard. Its taking up space. the tag holder on the rear is staying with me though to be installed on my bunkhouse trailer

I want in.

1 Rooster gets first crack cuz he already mentioned my CLASS. If he doesn't bite on it I have an intermittent E4 controller and a compressor that worked fine till it was removed about a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to say a public thanks to Caveman for sending me the windshield. I can't explain how much this has helped my riding. Nice not having the wind beating me up the whole time. Still willing to pay it forward to someone else. Let's keep the thread going

• 1 year later...

Time to update thread:

I have a stock 89 1st Gen windshield. Free. I'll even pay shipping unless you are on the moon or Mars :yikes:

It's well used but probably good for someone who wants/needs a screen to cut down for a warm weather screen. The PO did try to get most of the film off...so it probably can be buffed out nicely. I used it until I could find the bux to get a new screen.

So Pay It Forward time..... it's boxed and ready to go.

david

• 1 year later...
Time to update thread:

I have a stock 89 1st Gen windshield. Free. I'll even pay shipping unless you are on the moon or Mars :yikes:

It's well used but probably good for someone who wants/needs a screen to cut down for a warm weather screen. The PO did try to get most of the film off...so it probably can be buffed out nicely. I used it until I could find the bux to get a new screen.

So Pay It Forward time..... it's boxed and ready to go.

david

I will bite and I'm all for this idea of paying it forward. I need the 89 stock windshield if it is still available and I will offer up my current shorty windshield when I get get it replaced. I love this forum!