IGNORED

Help please. Rear Custom Dynamics Clusters.

I have the lens off. Instructions say run the orange and red wires through the signal stem and wire in. Well, not that easy so far. I figure I will quit until I feel more comfortable with my friends help here. How in the world do I get those wires through that stem ? I do not want to break something else, like a signal bulb connection. I can not get the wire through there. Royal Tour Deluxe 2007.

[ATTACH]76029[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76030[/ATTACH]

Please Help ????

Did you read the thread I created that talks about how to install the lights ?

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77681

No Sir, I did not. Now I believe you told me in another thread when I was purchasing the lights, Sorry I forgot. Will take a look now. Thank you very much.

Update; Thank you Don for this fine thread. Just as I suspected, glad I do not have to remove the rear wheel for this. I will tackle the rest another day. But soon, before I forget where everything goes back. I also have the Harley lights and bracket to install. I want to get to it soon, I have a ride trip planned for May 18 to Arkansas. Thanks again, I was so frustrated at first. Now I believe I can finish it another day. Taking my 8 yr old son back turkey hunting again in the morning. Turkeys get up early.

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

On a positive note... the second side goes easier than the first !

I think for me, I am looking at about 45 minutes to the side. So an hour and a half maybe, no probably two hours. I am slow and stiff. Thanks.

PS; I thought maybe I could take some pictures as I go, maybe you or Freebird could add them to your thread if you want. I could post them here maybe or in another thread.

• 5 years later...
On a positive note... the second side goes easier than the first !

Hey Don, you mentioned in the thread custom dynamics that you had to have 2 of the load stabilizers. I ordered all 4 dynamic clusters from them on phone. was sold a diode kit and a stabilizer. they never mentioned 2 of them on the phone. why would I need 2 stabilizers? or is that specifically if you do one end at a time? was told need diode kit because only a singal indicator for turns in dash... any thoughts would be apprciated if you are still around.

Hey Don, you mentioned in the thread custom dynamics that you had to have 2 of the load stabilizers. I ordered all 4 dynamic clusters from them on phone. was sold a diode kit and a stabilizer. they never mentioned 2 of them on the phone. why would I need 2 stabilizers? or is that specifically if you do one end at a time? was told need diode kit because only a singal indicator for turns in dash... any thoughts would be apprciated if you are still around.

I only did LED's on my rear turn signals (run/turn/brake). Per original instructions, only needed one stabilizer. I found I was getting fast blink on turn signals. I sent Custom Dynamics a diagram of my wiring and their suggestion was to have one on each side. I did this and my lights work fine ever since. I don't remember there being a diode.

You probably know this but LED's have less resistance than incandescent bulbs. Without the stabilizer the bike "thinks" that a bulb is burned out.