IGNORED

Not to happy with myself

rickardracing

Well, I am not real happy with myself. I went to Iron Pony two Saturdays ago. My wife and I make a yearly run down there in the spring. We drive down. It's about 180 miles each way. I picked up a set of tires, windshield bags, new helmet for her, clutch cover gasket, gloves and some wheel weights. When they brought out the tires, I looked at the front and told the guy that it looked too big. I had the size written down on a pice of paper, looked at the paper, looked at the tire and still did not catch that it was a 17 inch and not 16!!. I looked right at it! I was out in the garage installing the new seat on her 750 and started looking at the tire again. WALAH!!! I noticed it. So I guess I will not be mounting and balancing tires on Saturday. I will be going back to exchange it. Well theres a whole day and $60 in gas up a hogs rear.

Well, I am not real happy with myself. I went to Iron Pony two Saturdays ago. My wife and I make a yearly run down there in the spring. We drive down. It's about 180 miles each way. I picked up a set of tires, windshield bags, new helmet for her, clutch cover gasket, gloves and some wheel weights. When they brought out the tires, I looked at the front and told the guy that it looked too big. I had the size written down on a pice of paper, looked at the paper, looked at the tire and still did not catch that it was a 17 inch and not 16!!. I looked right at it! I was out in the garage installing the new seat on her 750 and started looking at the tire again. WALAH!!! I noticed it. So I guess I will not be mounting and balancing tires on Saturday. I will be going back to exchange it. Well theres a whole day and $60 in gas up a hogs rear.

Ouch...feel for ya. Dont ya just get steamed when a decent day and a plan goes sideways?

If ya need some riding company let me know when you're going , maybe I'll be free. Need to get a good ride in already. All my rides so far have been very local. :biker:

I will be driving down Saturday or Sunday. The tires on the bike are shot. I would not trust them on a big ride, plus it will be on the lift this weekend. I have alot of stuff to do on it before it hits the road. I will get something together and we will go for a nice long ride...........actually, I was thinking of putting together a Bun Burner 1500 mile ride...........:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I wouldn't be to happy with the guy that sold it to ya either...

Did he not look up the bike specs?:whistling:

Yes he did and i will make sure something gets done on the price when I am there. But what gets me is I had the size written down on paper and looked right at the size on the tire! Hence the reason I am not pleased with myself. Plus I knew something was not right. Oh well, just make another day of it I guess.