IGNORED

Clutch whine

I've owned a '96 and 2 97 Royal Stars 4 Royal star Ventures '99,2000,2003,2004... an 07 Tour Deluxe and now a '05 Tour Deluxe and the '05 HAS NO CLUTCH WHINE!!! Every one of the others had that infamous clutch whine they were all very noticeable But this one has none I mean ZERO!!! I can actually hear some cylinder knock or engine noise whatever you want to call it (which dealer said didn't sound out of the normal). But he couldn't answer my question if I SHOULD BE CONCERNED about NO CLUTCH WHINE!! What I'm concerned about is that after 7 of these and 6 having that oh so familiar sound it worries me, it's like riding something and I start hearing things from the motor that I've never hear before and making me very paranoid that something else is wrong. Ive got all the receipts from the first owner and no repair done to clutch , second owner did NOTHING to it road it maybe 1000 miles. So think I'm NUTS????:confused24: or should I have a complete run through on the bike, Oh and fluid and tension shifting etc. is fine

When others talk about getting 40+MPG, I'm lucky to get 33.

When others talk about getting close to 20,000 miles out of a Dunlop EIII, I can't get 10,000 out of a front or rear.

But I consider myself fortunate because I don't have a whine.

Stop complaining and enjoy what we cant, one thing for sure though, you had better contact the last owner and find out what type and weight of oil he/they used in it and stay with that type, differant oils will give you a complete list of differant noises both in clutch and engine. Good luck and let us all know when you start to hear it, just be patient eventually it will be upon you.:rotf:

• 6 years later...
THERE'S your WHINE !!!!

Don't jinx it by complaining about not having a whine.... other than the one coming from YOU !

My '09 RSV doesn't whine either.... and hoping to keep it that way !

If you are still following this thread, please tell me which oil you are running. The whine in my 99 RSV is actually more of a screech, same as my old 83 had. Thank you!

If you are still following this thread, please tell me which oil you are running. The whine in my 99 RSV is actually more of a screech, same as my old 83 had. Thank you!

You might have something else going on. My 83 is quiet as a mouse. A screech sounds like a dry speedo

• 5 months later...

Long time getting back to this one. Even when I unplugged the speedo it kept happening.

It's also happening on my 99 that I've had for about a year. I have used rotella, Mobil 1 4T, and yamalube, all for about 5000 miles each and nothing ever changed.