IGNORED

Snow Bound in Kansas City, Mo

Yama Mama

Yes it is me, snow bound in Kansas City. We are here visiting our daughter, son in law, and granddaughter Ella.

We got here Wednesday, and had the snow today.

We were hoping to get out some day soon to see if there is ammo. I will let you know after the snow.

I hope everyone that had this snow storm is safe and cozy.

Yama Mama

I just talked to my Bro-in-law a while ago over in Lathrop, MO., just a bit NE of KC. Said they were having a bit of a white out going on there with concerns about sleet and ice to follow. It ain't all that great up here in Omaha either at the moment.

Stay warm and safe down there and enjoy your visit with your family.

Mike

We had 11 official inches of snow. The entire city closed down. We never got out of the house, just to let the dog out. If you did not have 4 wheel drive you could not go anywhere.

Problem is we have to be home to babysit our grandson on the 28th. But it is so wonderful to see our Ella.

She is going to be 5 on March 6th.

Yama Mama

Oh well, 11 inches of snow is just another winter day here in WNY. We had 16" a week or so ago and the roads were in good shape. They didn't even close the schools. We have this kind of weather all the time here and also the towns and cities have the equipment to handle the weather. I was in Atlanta once and they had 2" of snow and it just paralyzed the whole city. I saw pickup trucks loaded with salt and they were spreading the salt by hand with shovels from the back of the pickup.

Jim

I was in Atlanta once and they had 2" of snow and it just paralyzed the whole city. Jim

I hear ya on Atlanta. I was there passing through back in the mid 70's and it started to snow. Big wet flakes that melted as they hit. I was fueling my truck and the folks at the stop were near panic. Standing around under the awnings looking like a bunch of chickens in the rain. They hadn't seen snow there in decades. By the time I left the city that day they had closed all the schools, goverment offices and most businesses had closed and sent everybody home.

Still nothing sticking on the roads and a just a little on the grass. Something to see when you lived in the midwest. Funny stuff.