IGNORED

Note to self.

bluerstd08

Two heads are better than one. Did some preventative maintenance today and when lowering my baby down i didn't tap the jack release and nearly dropped the whole thing. Saved it but scared the BuJesus outta me. Got a lot dont though. Rear was clicking ang greased splines, changed fluids & plugs. After all is down carbs get synched

• 5 years later...
Two heads are better than one. Did some preventative maintenance today and when lowering my baby down i didn't tap the jack release and nearly dropped the whole thing. Saved it but scared the BuJesus outta me. Got a lot dont though. Rear was clicking ang greased splines, changed fluids & plugs. After all is down carbs get synched

For what it's worth: I've experienced the same "drop" phenomenon in my cheapo Harbor Freight bike jack: Scared the living snot out of me the first time I stepped on the pedal to lower the bike and it went clear to the floor in under a millisecond. It actually bounced off the jack since one of my safety straps was a bit loose. Thanking my stars I took the time to add cinch/safety straps on and I will always use them with THAT jack! My technique now is to tap the pedal repeatedly to lower bike 1/4 inch at a time - without getting into a rhythm that will make the bike bounce too much. Really wished I'd seen your thread BEFORE I had to change my underwear!

Thanks!