IGNORED

Cassette Player Door - Broken

First_N_Last

During my Trike checkouts & mods I seem to have broken my Cassette Player Door.

The door is fine - hinges work - it just won't latch closed. ARGH!

Does any anyone have an old Cassette Player with door or the assembly without the cassette?

I'm looking for one to use for parts to repair mine.

Thanks;

JohnB

Had the same think happen to my 07. When I ride I usually have my IPad Touch hooked up and playing. If not I wedge a piece of black folded up rubber to hold the door shut. I haven't had the occasion to remove the front of the faring to get to the cassette player since this happened. Got a new headlight bulb (PIAA intense white bulb) to put in and when I do I'll look to see if there is something I can do. Dealer wanted to send the whole unit back to the Mfg to get it repaired under warranty. Who knew how long it was gonna be gone. Was not happy. Oh we'll.............

:080402gudl_prv:

While doing the tape deck to storage mod, I learned there's a "push to click" type latch on each side of the tape deck door. Mine always seemed to stick on the right side. The left would click but the door needed some thumping, pulling, coercing on the right side to open. Until I took it out, I never new there's actually a latch on each side of the door. I used some graphite powder in the locking mechanism and now it works flawlessly.

I guess the short story is, surely both latches aren't broken, even if you only have one, the door should click shut and stay shut. Maybe you can get lucky and just clean it up to get it to work.

:thumbsup:

Creole

While doing the tape deck to storage mod, I learned there's a "push to click" type latch on each side of the tape deck door. Mine always seemed to stick on the right side. The left would click but the door needed some thumping, pulling, coercing on the right side to open. Until I took it out, I never new there's actually a latch on each side of the door. I used some graphite powder in the locking mechanism and now it works flawlessly.

Creole

That's something I gotta try. My right side has never worked, and I thought it was broke. Maybe it just needs a little TLC??? :confused07:

During my Trike checkouts & mods I seem to have broken my Cassette Player Door.

The door is fine - hinges work - it just won't latch closed. ARGH!

Does any anyone have an old Cassette Player with door or the assembly without the cassette?

I'm looking for one to use for parts to repair mine.

Thanks;

JohnB

I got a Cassette Player that was removed from my 06 Midnight Venture which I never played. Installed gauges in the openning. If interested for $40.00 PM me.

Bill,

I tried spraying WD 40 on mine with no results. I've been surprised by the none use and bad mouthing of the cassette player. I prefer to use the iPad Touch or a MP3 player but every once in awhile I through a tape in. I've got a bunch of old tapes with some music that I haven't played in a while. Sometimes I gotta get the ole Leatherman out to get the tape to eject though.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

I took my unit out of the fairing & discovered that two end pieces of plastic had broken off.

I bought WildBill's cassette unit, so I removed the door & replaced my broken one with it. $40 for repaired door.

Now I have a working cassette player without a door.

Anyone need a cassette player mechanism?

Anyone?

:big-grin-emoticon:

• 6 years later...
Mine did the same thing on my 2008 venture, sprayed some wd40 on both hinges and presto works fine !!

(learned that fix here )...:)

I know this is an old post - but this trick was 100% spot on. Neither hinge would latch, a bit of WD-40 on each hinge, and bingo. Both sides are latching now.