IGNORED

going in deep

pietermoore

Ever heard the old saying, "the more you dig, the deeper the hole gets"? I just wanted to do the regular winter go over to get my 92 Venture ready for spring. You know, change plugs, grips, rear tire... the fun stuff. Then I decided to replace the valve cover gaskets. Of coarse then you have to check the valves while you're in there, right? Now I need shims and something to compress the buckets. Anyone have a kit to loan? I would of coarse add some more new shims to the pot and return the kit promptly.

Anyone have a kit to loan? I would of coarse add some more new shims to the pot and return the kit promptly.

Check in with Earl...at Skydoc_17... here on the forum. He is the resident owner and loaner of the valve shim kit and tools.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok cool.......oh wow u have a 2nd generation! Does that tool fit the 1st generation too? Oberlin is in Ohio correct? I'm in north central Arizona. Is anyone between us interested? I have a list of things yet to be done on my bike so there is time 4 intermediate people- no real rush for me. A friend is supposed to lend me a 32mm socket but till he comes thru I'm not sure where its at. But with over 32k miles there must be at least a couple out of spec.