IGNORED

Tire Sealant/Balancer

Robby

The bike shop I frequent sells and/or installs this stuff:

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

The claim is it balances the rim and tire and automaticaly seals any punctures. They claim great results.

Anybody use?

I understand the sealing, how does it balance?

$50 for both tires installed, not bad if prevents just one flat.:confused24:

Some will post on here that it does not work even tho they never used it.....

For myself I like it! easy to install and never had any problems with the balance of the tires

how it works is as you ride down the road it will spread around in the tire in the tread area and balances the tire as it moves never dries up nor damage the wheel at least it did for me but if you get a hole in the side wall you out of luck due to it staying in the tread area .

Wildhair39 had it in his tires and while out on the road he replaced his rear tire due to it being worn out as he was everywhere!!!!

and when they removed his tire they found 4 nails in the tire and he never lost any air during that time!!!

I used it on three of my bikes and never had any issues....

Buddy

Edited by buddy

GOOD stuff! I was leery...had to replace rear tire for a nail this week; sealant slung out some (thought shock was going until close examination) but tire did not lose pressure. I had ridden on a PGR mission the day b4 I found it while checking pressures.

Winston66, :cool10: :backinmyday:

Western Australia,

I can not get the Ride on Tyre Sealant stuff over here,

Can anyone tell me if the stuff that is known as Green Slime will do the same job and or is as good.

As this is readily avaliable at most of the Automotive Parts stors that we have, Or is there another product that anyone would recommend.

Cheers,

Winston 66,

Northampton, Western Australia :fingers-crossed-emo:lightbulb::bighug:

I had some given to me way back at Potato Creek. Took it home and put it in the tires and did not feel any difference in the handing of the bike. When it was time to replace the tires the rims were not damaged at all and cleanup was easy. I ordered more for every new tire change since and have not had any problems. Knock on wood I haven't had any flats or picked up any objects to verify if it works or not. But for the few bucks it costs it is worth that for piece of mind. If it works like they boast.

I believe Green Slime is not recommended for high speed tires and it does leave alot of slimy residue all over whatever rim you use it on.:2cents::D