IGNORED

Coolant Leak

wannarsv

Just My luck....going to be near 75 tomorrow, was going to ride the bike to church in the A.M. and then go for a ride. Went in the shop to check on the bike and found a coolant leak around the left rear cylinder cover.

Pulled the side cover and discovered, it appears that the plug is leaking. There are threads in the plug but no bolt. Is there supposed to be a bolt that holds the plug in ? If so what size?

Thanks, Mel

You can do a search a lot of info. The thread is the same as a spark plug end (small ) screw a old plug in grab with vise-grips and pull out to remove. You can use a dime, some tape etc on the inside of cover to put a little pressure on the plug to help with the leak. The plugs get hard and start to seep just replace when you change the coolant. You should be fine with it if just riding it a while IMHO. I rode mine last year from Florida 650 miles with the right front seeping home. It quit leaking after the engine heated up, I kept a good check on the coolant level at gas stops. I ordered new ones and replaced when I got back.

Item 9

Plug

90338-11152-00

$5.52

O.K. So there isn't supposed to be a bolt in it to hold it in. It's just held in place by the "flat" spot on the side cover. I wasn't sure, That clears it up for me. Thanks for your help. I love this site......I don't post much, but when I have questions it sure is a great place to get answers. I have learned so much from the folks here.

Thanks Again, Mel

10 CENT FIX.....Inside the finned cover, in line with the plug, is a round raised area. This boss holds the plug in. Tape or glue a dime on the top of the boss and re-install the finned cover. This will push the plug in tighter and stop the leak. Many of the guys here have done this. I need to do mine, too. I noticed a leak yesterday.

10 CENT FIX.....Inside the finned cover, in line with the plug, is a round raised area. This boss holds the plug in. Tape or glue a dime on the top of the boss and re-install the finned cover. This will push the plug in tighter and stop the leak. Many of the guys here have done this. I need to do mine, too. I noticed a leak yesterday.

:sign yeah that:

It works to stop the leak.

Like was already mentioned, when you do a coolant change replace a 4 plugs.