IGNORED

Fuel Injected, GPS navigation, 2013 1300cc Star Tourer

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Cool looking bagger with: Throttle body injection, satellite XM radio and satellite navigation, 1300cc, 50 mpg, iPod & iPhone audio?

Sign me up!

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/672/0/home.aspx

Be sure to watch the video. :happy34:

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=18511&class=med640

(oh, and thank you Steve, you even influenced motorcycle design!) :p

Edited by tx2sturgis

Cool looking bagger with: Throttle body injection, satellite XM radio and satellite navigation, 1300cc, 50 mpg, iPod & iPhone audio?

Sign me up!

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/672/0/home.aspx

Be sure to watch the video. :happy34:

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=18511&class=med640

(oh, and thank you Steve, you even influenced motorcycle design!)

That is a nice bike, that 1300 runs pretty strong too, the tourer version goes down the 1/4 mile in about the same time as a Venture according to Motorcycle Comsumer News.

Freekin bagger riders get alllll the attention, life is just not fair!! Cheese with my wine please:cool10:

THAT IS GORGEOUS, and at that pricing they will be competitive!! Yamaha FINALLY shows what what they can do!! I totally agree with you Brian,, makes me wanna run down to the local shop and beg for a test ride!

I really wish they would shine some of thier talent on the Venture,, shoot, just the injection to boost economy would be great.. Toss on the audio and gps that thier offering here and WOW!!

KUDO'S YAMAHA = NICE WORK!!

Guest tx2sturgis
Looks really nice.Its about time.I didn't hear them mention it but does it have cruise control?

I dont see it mentioned, nor do I see any controls for cruise in this picture:

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=18596&class=med640

I dont think this bike is really designed for all day touring, since there is no trunk, more likely it will appeal to the short hop crowd...and riders who want to explore the nearby curvy roads for an afternoon.

Still, it looks like a good all-around scoot.

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis
Yawn.....just another in a field of MANY V-Twins. It's the beloved V4 that sets our bikes apart from the crowd.

Yeah, 80 inch V-Twin bagger. I wonder WHERE on earth they got the idea to build something like that?

:whistling:

I remember when a bike that size was considered a LARGE bike. Now its considered midsize? AND its several cc larger motor than the Venture?

Its a fun time to be a motorcycle rider these days!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Yawn.....just another in a field of MANY V-Twins. It's the beloved V4 that sets our bikes apart from the crowd.

I feel the exact same way, Don.

If I wanted to float my boat in the sea of sameness, I would go buy a V-Twin. I like things that are different than the norm. You're right, it IS the V4 that sets our bikes apart. I enjoy the fact that folks usaully have never heard of an RSTD, much less would they expect that the power plant is a V4. No other brand offers that.

If I did decide to spend my hard earned skins on a V-Twin, it wouldn't be on a same as everyone else looking bike like the one above that Yamaha is trying to convince us is a new idea. It would be on something different like a Vision, or CCT. Something that people really want to stop you and talk about.

Love the look. Love the Garmin integrated. I compared this to the 2013 Royal Star Venture S on the Yamaha website and the bottom line in the comparison chart kinda surprised me. The 2013 Royal Star Venture S has a 5 year limited warranty and the 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe has a 1 year limited warranty. Why would that be?

Thomas :confused24:

Guest tx2sturgis
Add a trunk and cassette deck and it'd be a credible Venture replacement. Anyone taking bets on 2014?

I'm sure the aftermarket will step up to the plate and market an add-on cassette player/recorder. Hey its the modern age!

Trunk?

Nah....never gonna happen.

:whistling:

Guest tx2sturgis
The 2013 Royal Star Venture S has a 5 year limited warranty and the 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe has a 1 year limited warranty. Why would that be?

Maybe the 20 LARGE you have to pay to ride outta the dealership. Its a 'feature'...

When the salesperson hears you say, 'but the Goldwing/ElectraGlide/Vision all have CD, iPod, or XM' he can say 'Yes, but WE have a 5 year warranty'.

Poof. You're hooked.

:happy34:

Brian, it was/is a great bike. I had one prior to getting the RSTD.

I miss the Belt Drive and the EFI. Always started with a touch on the starter button, regardless of temperature. Ha! I put 24K miles on mine before I sold it. No issues. Much lighter and easier to push around in traffic, then the RSTD. But no way does that motor compare to the ride you get with the V4. I have to climb a slight hill as you come into Rockwall on I-30, and remember having to downshift to keep the power up on the V*1300. Never happens on the RSTD. :)

Seriously, this and its 950cc cousin are the MCs I tell people to look at if they are getting into riding or wanting to get their first 'cruiser'.

It is a good looking bike, as I think all the Star's are. The BIG thing, to me, is the small fairing, not much if any more protection than a windshield, and if I'm going to sit behind a fairing I want tunes, AND true cruise. But hey, the whole bagger thing IS in right now. The spec's say the 1300 is a single-pin crank, but I thought H/D still had the patent on that. I remember when the Roadstar came out there was a whole lot of "grumbling" from the Motor Company about the Japanese building a pushrod motor. Best I remember they sued Yamaha but lost because that patent had expired. I thought they had 2 seperate patents, one on the bottom end and one on the top end, but that's been a long time ago. I'd just like to see F/I, like the V-Max, but so does most everyone else.

Nice looking bar to bar bike. If that trips your trigger. Likes been said V-twins are no match for V-4 power. When riding behind a group of Harleys at 55 MPH any upgrade in the road brings the speed down to 50 MPH. Its not much but drives me crazy! {I know, not far to go.} That seat on the back will do nothing for your sanity when mommas chewing your ear after a few miles. But then again it wasn't made for two-up touring. Yamaha will make a new touring bike someday. When? That is the question! Probably when Uncle Sansung dies. He's the relation that makes the cassette players.:rotfl::rotfl::D

Guest tx2sturgis
The spec's say the 1300 is a single-pin crank, but I thought H/D still had the patent on that..

I have trouble remembering the exact lawsuit, but if memory serves, I believe HD tried to patent the 45 degree single crankpin SOUND.

If someone else corrects this info then so be it.

I think the other makers just made 50 or 60 degree V's and called it good.

I have trouble remembering the exact lawsuit, but if memory serves, I believe HD tried to patent the 45 degree single crankpin SOUND.

If someone else corrects this info then so be it.

I think the other makers just made 50 or 60 degree V's and called it good.

Yea I think your right,, and that sound is also the result of ignition timing being out of phase, instead of firing every 360 degrees HD hits at 315 degrees giving the HDs that potato, potato potato sound..

What amazes me is that Indian was actually the original designer of the V-Twin.. I wonder if Polaris (rightful owners of Indian) may have legal access to that sound now.. Wouldnt it be something if HD now had to pay Polaris everytime a Harley was started:rotf:

• 3 months later...
Guest tx2sturgis

Here's a review of the little V-Star bagger that could.

Funny that the writer seems to have forgotten about our 1300cc Venture 'baggers' when he says:

....and any bagged bike with an engine in this displacement range has a windshield rather than a fairing and its saddlebags are likely leather....

The full article is here: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2013-star-v-star-1300-deluxe-review-91536.html?utm_source=mo03072013&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly

I have a friend who really likes that look .... in the HD version ..... of course. I'm sorry I don't see it in the HD or Yamaha. I know to each their own, but can you say uuuuuggggggllllllyyyyyy ? I have to say it here, cause I can't say it to him. Don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but I just can't see it. I too don't understand what the craze is to copy HD. I think they've come a long way in the looks and reliability department but most of it is nothing but status symbol type thinking to a lot of folks.

But then again new truck body styles don't appeal to me either when they get changed.