IGNORED

EMPTY

jaymacdoo

fuel light came on . I kept riding .20 kms later Needed to switch to reserve. I kept riding . 70kms after that i ran out . Thats ok now i know I have less than 70 kms on reserve. BUT what pee'd me off was the fact I could only get less than 22 liters in the tank . What happened to 23 liters and 3 of reserve making this a 26 liter tank ? :confused07:

If you look where you put the gas in you will see a long neck to retard slopping of the gas. Unfortunately the area on the side of this "neck" traps air and it is hard to fill the rest of the way. Punching or drilling a couple of holes towards the top of the neck helps aleviate this...

i would not drill due to metal shavings....a simple hole punch does the trick.

Yes, this is true. Didn't think of that... :doh:

I worked in a clean room environment and when we had to drill a hole in a test stand we had to use a vacuum to capture all the metal shavings. An empty tank held upside down with a shop vacuum would work. I mentioned the word "drill" so he would understand the idea that a hole needs to be made. Of course a punch will also generate a big hunk of metal as well...:confused24:

Yes, this is true. Didn't think of that... :doh:

I worked in a clean room environment and when we had to drill a hole in a test stand we had to use a vacuum to capture all the metal shavings. An empty tank held upside down with a shop vacuum would work. I mentioned the word "drill" so he would understand the idea that a hole needs to be made. Of course a punch will also generate a big hunk of metal as well...:confused24:

NO if you just use an ice pick you will not generate any metel debris. The filler neck is soft enough for this to be easy. See the photo above.

Mike