IGNORED

Will a 1st gen motor fit in a 2nd gen frame ?

dingy

My winter project is going to be building a bobber style venture, with Tweety power, maybe more. Probably be a multiple year process, like Tweety has been. I have most of motor components already, VMax heads, final drive & most of Vboost. 1300 block.

I am interested if a 1st gen block will fit in a 2nd gen frame. I don't care about the head bracing, I will compensate for loss of that structure somehow.

I like the single frame tube from the neck back style. It would allow me to use a standard tank on bike. Also like the appearance of the rear fender for the Indian look I am after. I am not after a chopper style, but more along a retro look. Single seater with old style sprung seat for one. I want to stay with mono shock set up for better handling.

I have two 1st gen bare frames here, but I am not warm & fuzzy with what I would need to do to modify one to get what I am after.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
Looking forward to seeing this build. Gonna be the first fast 2nd Gen ! :happy65:

yea the 2nd fastest 2nd gen around :stirthepot::detective::whistling::rotf:

And for his 3rd project, Dingy will probably drop one of the gen2 Vmax motors into one of his spare gen1VR frames. Wouldn't that be something?

and the slowest 1st gen ever:shock3: :no-no-no::no-no-no::confused24::shock3::depressed:

good luck with the project Gary

Here ya go Gary

:cool10:

I saw that same bike last night. Sorta fugly actually. The tank just doesn't look right on top of the frame like that. That's why I am looking to cut that out & use a single backbone from the RSV.

Front fender looks like it is on a tricycle.

Don't know what to think about the handlebars.

The forks are interesting with the addition of the helper springs, gives it a retro look.

Looks like battery is where I thought it could go under the seat.

He didn't use the left front rotor. One way of delinking the brakes at least.

This would be a start in the direction I want to go though.

I hope I can do a little better, at least in my opinion.

Gary

I am interested if a 1st gen block will fit in a 2nd gen frame. I don't care about the head bracing, I will compensate for loss of that structure somehow.

Gary

I think you'll find that those head hangers are cosmetic, and don't offer any structural support. Just leave them off. The 1stGen head doesn't have a place to mount them anyway...