IGNORED

Ridiculous shipping cost from Bushtec.

Solodadof2

I need to order a pin from Bushtec that would fit in a priority box USPS for $5.95, They will only use fed ex or Ups. Sales claimed that they had no way to track packages with Post office???? Anyway for a $49 part They are wanting $14 shipping. I don't mind paying I just feel that this is gouging....

Guest tx2sturgis
I need to order a pin from Bushtec that would fit in a priority box USPS for $5.95, They will only use fed ex or Ups. Sales claimed that they had no way to track packages with Post office???? Anyway for a $49 part They are wanting $14 shipping. I don't mind paying I just feel that this is gouging....

Maybe the officeboy wants to get a hamburger on the way to the UPS terminal...:whistling:

Sales claimed that they had no way to track packages with Post office????
They are either unbelievably stupid or bald faced liars.

I fill out my USPS fixed rate shipping labels on-line and not only get a DISCOUNT on the fixed price shipping, but FREE shipping notification, status tracking, and delivery confirmation! And by paying for the under $5 postage online and printing my own shipping label (plus using their FREE box), I do not even have to waste my time at the post office counter - just drop off the box and go.

Goose

I fill out my USPS fixed rate shipping labels on-line and not only get a DISCOUNT on the fixed price shipping, but FREE shipping notification, status tracking, and delivery confirmation! And by paying for the under $5 postage online and printing my own shipping label (plus using their FREE box), I do not even have to waste my time at the post office counter - just drop off the box and go.

Goose

Usps tracking is Worthless!!

If you dont put insurance on the item your tracking then it does not matter if they loose the item and know its last tracking location .. Your screwed!!

Ask me how i know and i will send you a 5 lbs folder full of crap i traded with the worthless sob's at Usps . Track that!!

Off my soap box

Use the big brown truck.

Mike

I would buy elsewhere unfortunately no one else sales bushtec trailer heim Pins. I guess we are all different because i have had good luck with USPS. Not saying I have had any bad luck with any other Carrier either. Guess I will just have to suck it up and Pay!!

Bushtec is not making those pins themselves. You should be able to track down a differant supplier. See if there is any kind of part number on the pice and type in Heim pin with the number into the google search bar. See what comes up. If you cannot find anything, ask Bushtec why the shipping is so much for a small part. I can see if they are shipping next day priority. But standard ground should be less than $10. I have limited patience for dealers of any kind.

I would buy elsewhere unfortunately no one else sales bushtec trailer heim Pins. I guess we are all different because i have had good luck with USPS. Not saying I have had any bad luck with any other Carrier either. Guess I will just have to suck it up and Pay!!

Can you post a picture of the pin that you need? When I bought my bike I got a pin with it and don't need it. Previous owner pulled a Bushtec trailer but sold it separately. Not sure why he didn't include the pin with the trailer, but it is in my parts drawer. I'll never use it. If it is the one you need you can have it for the cost of shipping. Just post a pic so I can be sure it is the same as yours.

Joe

SUGGESTION HERE...:whistling:

You might could post, asking if anyone lives near Bushtec in Tn.... and see if they would pick it up for you..then send that person the money, they can go pick up the part you need and mail it to you cheaper..

Bushtec is located at: 180 Mt. Paran Road Jacksboro TN 37757

Eck I had thought about that but did not want to impose on someone. Their time, effort and gas would cost more. On the bright side Bushtec Contacted me today and decided to ship to me using USPS with tracking was $7 cheaper. I know it is not much but to me it is the point..

Hey Goose, why not just have them pick it up, all you have to do it request a free pickup with your daily mail carrier.........thats what I do........no trips to the post office for anyting, even supplies are mailed to me.........

Goose

Goose

I agree with Goose. I ship my Flag Mounts with USPS all the time. No problems and tracking information is always a breeze. So easy to do my own shipping. I just picked up some of boxes you mentioned and I believe you are being hoodooed on the shipping of by about $8.00. And the pin is surely not that much, WOW.

The small flat rate priority boxes are about $6.00 for I think 4 LB of shipping weight any where in the USA. I just picked up some to ship my 1 1/4" Hitch Clamps in. I had to figure the shipping in the price at $6.00 to cover shipping expenses. this is a clamp that attaches to the 1 1/4" stinger part of a hitch also to secure it to the hitch receiver and take all the play in the hitch to receiver connection out. Works really well as an added safety feature and removes all the play. I will have them in the vendors classified area soon.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa:

Guest scarylarry
SUGGESTION HERE...:whistling:

You might could post, asking if anyone lives near Bushtec in Tn.... and see if they would pick it up for you..then send that person the money, they can go pick up the part you need and mail it to you cheaper..

Bushtec is located at: 180 Mt. Paran Road Jacksboro TN 37757

Eck is right it is 3 hrs from me and I know some here are closer than me

Guest tx2sturgis

I guess they figure you wont quibble about a few dollars extra for shipping a part you GOTTA have, since you paid several thousand dollars for that trailer.

Dang.

In my case they'd be right. If I could afford 4 grand for a trailer I'd probably be in good enuff financial health to pay $14 for packing, boxing, insuring and shipping a part I needed.

For what its worth, LilThorobred trailers used to use the same exact heimjoint and pin arrangement. But I'm having no luck finding them on the inter-web.

Glad it worked out for the OP.

I couldn't help but notice that the observations about the USPS are neatly divided into those who ship (who love the USPS and have no problems with the tracking) and those who receive (who dislike the "tracking").

I am a receiver and have learned that those who claim to provide a "tracking" number when using USPS are wasting my time. The "tracking" I see has two entries: "it has been shipped" and "it has been delivered" (often posted days later).

I groan whenever I see something has been shipped via USPS because I have to calm down, forget that I ordered it, and be relieved when it arrives. If I check USPS "tracking," I am frustrated and eventually ticked off.

I am glad that the USPS allows you shippers to provide your goods at reduced cost, while providing you some sort of cover when your customers complain. The USPS has rightly decided that the shippers are their customers, not the receivers, and make it attractive for their customers. As much as I wish they would consider the desires of we the receivers, it simply isn't so.

Dave

I guess they figure you wont quibble about a few dollars extra for shipping a part you GOTTA have, since you paid several thousand dollars for that trailer.

Dang.

In my case they'd be right. If I could afford 4 grand for a trailer I'd probably be in good enuff financial health to pay $14 for packing, boxing, insuring and shipping a part I needed.

I once read something that seems to be quite true..... "The only cheap thing on a motorcycle is the owner".

Yup. :whistling:

Glad it worked out for the OP.

I couldn't help but notice that the observations about the USPS are neatly divided into those who ship (who love the USPS and have no problems with the tracking) and those who receive (who dislike the "tracking").

I am a receiver and have learned that those who claim to provide a "tracking" number when using USPS are wasting my time. The "tracking" I see has two entries: "it has been shipped" and "it has been delivered" (often posted days later).

I groan whenever I see something has been shipped via USPS because I have to calm down, forget that I ordered it, and be relieved when it arrives. If I check USPS "tracking," I am frustrated and eventually ticked off.

I am glad that the USPS allows you shippers to provide your goods at reduced cost, while providing you some sort of cover when your customers complain. The USPS has rightly decided that the shippers are their customers, not the receivers, and make it attractive for their customers. As much as I wish they would consider the desires of we the receivers, it simply isn't so.

Dave

Sorry Dave, but I have checked my self. I have had only one customer that asked if I shipped and when the shipment was going to be in their procession. I did ship it regular mail and not Priority Mail ( 2-3 days guaranteed). I have tracked them myself over and over. I also sometimes send a tracking number via e-mail to make sure the customer gets his tracking #. I ask the customer to leave me a review and send an e-mail if they have a problem. I have had not one problem besides the one mentioned. However I did stop shipping anywhere USPS regular mail, that did seem to be a problem. I now ship all Priority Mail, no regular mail, and I have shipped all over the USA.

The problem with UPS or Fed Ex is getting the package dropped off to one of their locations or picked up here. There was one location in Morehead,KY, and it has since gone out of business. The USPS is so much more convenient to ship for me from home. I built a small 16" X 16" plat form on the side of my mail box and leave the packages there of the morning. The cost is not the main reason for me to use USPS.

However you have caused me to wonder and think about getting some more information on UPS, for I have always been a fan of UPS for my incoming shipments in the past with BassPro Shops and so forth. I also used them all the time when I was the shipping receiving manager at a local Heat Pump Factory in Olive Hill, KY.

I have received several items USPS though in the last year and have had no problems, other than the Mail Man antics that you all saw that I posted about. The same Mailman ran over my Mother's little dog that she had just given a bath and it laid down in the driveway to sun itself. The Mail carrier ran right over it's head and killed it instantly. He did not even apologize, the Jerk.

Goose

Amen on what goose said.......

As a 25 year employee in the Transportation dept of the Post Office ill throw in my 2 cents here. Yes, UPS and FedEx offer great tracking since they do scan every piece that goes through their system from start to finish. You also pay a rather high shipping cost with those two carriers. The Post Office also scans their packages, however with the millions of packages going through their system many do not get scanned along its travels until it finally ends up at its destination. Many packages are sacked up with dozens of other packages making individual scanning nearly impossible until the sack is opened at its final destination. And you pay much less for packages shipped via USPS. So, yes, there is a bit of a trade-off here. But overall you cant beat USPS Priority mail for service as far as cost vs delivery times. And I have found that if a package is going from one large area to another large area then Parcel Post is fairly quick too and a bit cheaper too.

Something else to consider. FedEx and UPS both fly mail from the Post Office. FedEx flies almost all of its Priority mail delivered to them from the Post Office and most of the Express mail too. UPS flies many first class letters. So, your packages are still getting FedEx's service at USPS's lower rates.

"I am glad that the USPS allows you shippers to provide your goods at reduced cost, while providing you some sort of cover when your customers complain. The USPS has rightly decided that the shippers are their customers, not the receivers, and make it attractive for their customers. As much as I wish they would consider the desires of we the receivers, it simply isn't so."

The above comment needs some breaking down. As I see it, if you ship something, you are the shipper and as such you look to contain your costs. If the receiver desires that you ship something to them, they are also looking for some value. However to get the best shipping costs sometimes some convenience gets lost. You as the receiver want the best shipping cost but are you willing to pay almost 1/3rd to 1/2 more for that convenience? Will you not be upset at the shipper if he passes the higher shipping costs to the customer?

Personally I try to deal with shippers who ship their stuff for free. Sometimes you cant and I usually opt for Priority mail if the option comes up.

*much good stuff snipped*

"I am glad that the USPS allows you shippers to provide your goods at reduced cost, while providing you some sort of cover when your customers complain. The USPS has rightly decided that the shippers are their customers, not the receivers, and make it attractive for their customers. As much as I wish they would consider the desires of we the receivers, it simply isn't so."

The above comment needs some breaking down. As I see it, if you ship something, you are the shipper and as such you look to contain your costs. If the receiver desires that you ship something to them, they are also looking for some value. However to get the best shipping costs sometimes some convenience gets lost. You as the receiver want the best shipping cost but are you willing to pay almost 1/3rd to 1/2 more for that convenience? Will you not be upset at the shipper if he passes the higher shipping costs to the customer?

Personally I try to deal with shippers who ship their stuff for free. Sometimes you cant and I usually opt for Priority mail if the option comes up.

I was responding to the comments above mine that highlighted the convenience to the shippers of the USPS. It is undeniable.

And for the customer, there is a tradeoff. You pay less for shipping, but you also receive less value. When I see UPS or FedEx ground offered along with USPS, will I trade 1/3 more cost for 1/2 more value? I will. I value information.

The other thing here is the experience I have with Amazon Prime. I get 2-day UPS shipping for free, and overnight for $3.99. I did pay $75 for a year of this, but that was paid for in a month or so. Or actually, at one time when I got a tire overnighted for $3.99 compared to Dennis Kirk who wanted $138 for shipping.

It is difficult to pay a USPS flat rate that goes into a vacuum of non-information and unpredictable delivery scheduling, knowing that if I bought it at Amazon Prime I would pay nothing, have excellent information and solid delivery expectations.

As always, YMMV.

Dave

I have actually never had a problem of any kind with USPS. I've shipped a lot of items all over the USA, Canada and some to other countries. Yes, I would like to see more tracking info but if it gets there in a reasonable amount of time, I can live with not having it.

I have no problem with UPS or FedX either but will save the money when I can.

The only shipper I ever had a problem with was DHL and i had multiple nightmares with them. I had read a couple of years ago that they were getting out of the USA market but I still see their trucks from time to time. I avoid them at all cost.

The other BIG thing to consider is the value of the item being shipped.

I had a package get lost by USPS and their final answer was "Thats to Bad" The item cost $600.

UPS and FedEx have some insurance that is built into the shipping cost, I'm not sure but I think it is around $100. So if they loose it, (or destroy it) there is some recourse. If shipping anything of value with USPS you must buy the insurance or you are completely SOL.

I do the online printed prepaid labels, my local Post ofice will not scan a package unless I bring it to the counter and insist. If I just toss it into the package shipping container, the first thing that shows up is the delivery conformation. or sometimes the destination post office. So if I am shipping something that I sold to someone I always have to take it to the counter to be scanned so that the tracking number will show it as having been shipped. Keeps my customer happier to know it is on the way.

All of the carriers do give an estimated delivery date, I'm not willing to pay extra to see details of every time it changes hands along the way. UPS is very close to real time info, FedEx is always several hours behind in their tracking data, USPS can be a whole work day behind in there data but the data is always gets there.

I do the online printed prepaid labels, my local Post ofice will not scan a package unless I bring it to the counter and insist. If I just toss it into the package shipping container, the first thing that shows up is the delivery conformation. or sometimes the destination post office. So if I am shipping something that I sold to someone I always have to take it to the counter to be scanned so that the tracking number will show it as having been shipped. Keeps my customer happier to know it is on the way.

My rural mail carrier carries a scanner. She scans my prepaid online self printed labels (Priority Mail) as she removes the package from my mailbox and places the package in her Jeep. She scans any package I receive that requires delivery confirmation immediately before placing into my mailbox. And I don't think it's because she is my sister-in-law.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the pin. If you were really cheap, use a 5/8 inch bolt and nut, and save your pin money. You can locate a hardened 5/8 bolt, with a long smooth section below the head, and cut, or grind, it down to leave just enough for a nylon lock nut. Works every time, and those Bushtec lock mechanisms that sometimes fall apart on the road, or even get loose from vibration, will never cause problems again. I know more than one fellow who ended up using a reciprocating saw to cut his pin off, when his lock jammed, and refused to open.

And, not too many thieves willing to take the time to remove a 5/8 nut and bolt, just to take your trailer, even if they did have the tools.

I think I saw someone else question it, but they do make those over priced pins at Bushtec, but they send them out for chrome, which sometimes gets applied too thick.....thus is why the above mentioned lock mechanisms are unpredictable.

Guys, the next time you need a heim joint, check out Bearing Distributors or Applied Technologies. That's the same place Bushtec buys them.

Refuse to pay retail!