IGNORED

1989 yamaha venture royal 1300

wolfdogstwo

I just bought a 1989 Yamaha venture royal and can't seem to find a internet or catalog to buy parts for it if I need to. There is not a Yamaha shop here where I live the closest one is 200 miles away. Anyone no of a good web site or a catalog I can get to order parts? Thanks.

Your motorcycle should be listed as an XVZ13DW (or XVZ13DWC for the California emissions model). Unfortunately Yamaha doesn't show the 89 in their fiches.

Other than painted parts the 88 is the same. It is shown in the parts fiches from the online vendors (XVZ13DU or XVZ13DUC).

Edited by MiCarl

You're making this way too hard!!!! Do an internet search (aka Google) for "discount yamaha parts" and a bunch of places will pop up. You order whatever you need and then the UPS man will knock on your door. Most have a parts fische online. However, for some reason, 89 Ventures aren't listed (that's what I ride also). Just look up 1988 Venture and you will be in business. 1990 would work also, but there are a few slight differences between an 89 & a 90.

If you join this group ($12/year) there is a maintenance manual here you will have access to.

Where do you live?

I just bought a 1989 Yamaha venture royal and can't seem to find a internet or catalog to buy parts for it if I need to. There is not a Yamaha shop here where I live the closest one is 200 miles away. Anyone no of a good web site or a catalog I can get to order parts? Thanks.

1. A lot of us use Sky_Doc (Earl Harrell) on this website. He has a motorcycle shop in PA, and offers VR members a good deal, plus he knows these bikes inside and out.

2. Secondary, I use www.cheapcycleparts.com

3. Rick Butler @ www.buckeyeperformance.com

That is the lineup I use, or have used......

Ken