IGNORED

JB Weld-sight glass window

I got the ok yesterday from thr eye doc to go for a spin after a bit over a month of sitting around wasting all the nice weather. the bike has been sitting covered out back so I go back and she started right up, I let it run for quite a while to get warm and run some seafoam thru the carbs. When I swent to go for a ride I make the first corner and pull in t clutch to shift and notice a drip onto the filler panel where the radio normally sits. , and when I checkwhere its coming from its brake fluid...i look around and see the sight glass has a crack in it. I was wondering about a cheap way to fix it, and thinking that JBWeld and soething about the size of a coin over the glass opening would fill that and fix it.

Has anyone tried this? And do you think it will work?

I also notice that it feels that Ive got a back brake drgging on the bike too, any easy ways of fixing that too?

I am still having issues focusing on close objects so I am having to stick to simple jobs until this vision clears up.

Thanks for the help and advice,

Brian

thanks for that, I was thinking that I had read something a while back about sight glasses being availble. I may order just to have one here.

BUt its gonna take 2 weeks to get here from the US , I wanna ride sooner than that after being off the bike for over a month....lol JB weld idea is looking better as time goes on here....lol

yes jbweld will work i used it on a cavelcade i had before i got the venture but if you use it i dont know if you will beable to change the site glass just mix it up and cover the whole glass no more leak

bumble bee

1999 rsv

My '83 didn't leak but had glass that was turning into swiss cheese. Rather than try to fix them I found another set on eBay with clear glass for around $25 bucks. R&R'd the masters and was good to go.... Don't know what caused the swiss cheese effect, but think it might have been the P.O.'s attemp at cleaning them with a non-compatible chem...

I did the exact thing you are talking about doing. I took a round piece of sheet metal and used JB Weld to hole it in place. I tried to do it without draining first. I thought I had it good and clean but the JB Weld did not hold. So if you try it, be sure to you don't let any fluid get on it until it sets up very well.