On Sunday Doug(DBeck) stopped over to swap tci's in our bikes to see if that was his problem. It was, with mine in his bike it ran great. The problem is about a month ago my tach started to twitch and drop to 0 when below 1200 rpm. Since the bike still runs great I thought it was the tach, but with my tci while on his bike it did the same thing. So the question is will new diodes save it or is it a lost cause at this point? Also how long will it last before total failure? If the new diodes will fix it is there a member who works on them. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray

Another connection besides the obvious TCI pair is the one from the pickup coils. It is on left side near shock damper. 6 pin plug with one empty spot. There is also another similar 6 pin plug there for the gear indicator, but all 6 are used in it.

Gary

On Sunday Doug(DBeck) stopped over to swap tci's in our bikes to see if that was his problem. It was, with mine in his bike it ran great. The problem is about a month ago my tach started to twitch and drop to 0 when below 1200 rpm. Since the bike still runs great I thought it was the tach, but with my tci while on his bike it did the same thing. So the question is will new diodes save it or is it a lost cause at this point? Also how long will it last before total failure? If the new diodes will fix it is there a member who works on them. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray

remember the tach runs by a signal firing the coils. In this case #2 coil. Could if the spark plug is fouled or the spark cap or spark plug bad...also cause these issues. Well, I have seen it. YES... Do the easy stuff first. Spark cap and spark plug(s) before replacing TCI or diodes

Thanks for the replies, but it is definately the tci, it did the same thing on Dougs bike. I'm just wondering if I should change the diodes at this point or would it be useless. Both bikes ran great on my tci, the only problem at this point is that the tach doesn't work below 1200rpm.

It is a guessing game with the diodes. Still some good ones on E-Bay once in a while but be prepared to pay. I loaned spare out at Ashville 3 yrs ago I think. It was only extra i had that checked perfect. Wish somebody did work on them.