IGNORED

26k Valve Check

hunter 1500

Nice.

My last check showed that only 6 were within spec. Some were too tight to fit the smallest feeler in.

That is, 10 of them were out of spec.

Previous owner claims to have done it a little after 20K, and I did mine near ~53K. There was sufficient evidence to suggest that they were checked before (gasket sealer around the top, etc).

Valve Clearances:

#1: E1 in spec, I1 in spec, E2 0.288 [was loose], I2 in spec;

#3 E1 0.280 [was tight], I1 0.260 [was tight], E2 0.288 [was tight, now loose], I2 in spec;

#2 E1 0.282 [was loose], I1 in spec, E2 0.286 [max, was loose], I2 in spec;

#4 E1 max, I1 0.265 [was tight], E2 0.284 [was loose], I2 0.255 [was tight]

I am due for a valve check.

Once I finish getting my surface grinder into the basement valves are the next major project I have planned.

Everyone keeps saying it ain't that bad but it still looks like a PITA to me.[/quote]

If it took them 5.2 hours and they know what they are doing (service manager has been there for 20 years) it would take me two days. lol Service manager told me they are a total PIA.

I am due for a valve check.

Once I finish getting my surface grinder into the basement valves are the next major project I have planned.

Everyone keeps saying it ain't that bad but it still looks like a PITA to me.[/quote]

If it took them 5.2 hours and they know what they are doing (service manager has been there for 20 years) it would take me two days. lol Service manager told me they are a total PIA.

To see what a REAL PITA is, wait until yamaha puts the new VMAX engine in the 2014 Venture.... Or buy any bike where you have to remove the cams to adjust the valve clearance.