IGNORED

New 2001 RSV

shuttlebug

When my husband and I were newlyweds, we rode 2 up on a KZ1000. Unfortunately, that bike was stolen 29 years ago. I had always promised him he could get a new bike when the time was right, and this is what we ended up with last week. It has a lot of miles on it but it was well taken care of.

Well, I can't say it was a steal, but it was definitely a fair price, considering all the extras. And we felt pretty safe buying it since it came with all the maintenance records and a fresh service, including the valve adjustment. Brian won't have his MC license until Thursday, so I haven't even gotten a ride on it yet!

It has a lot of miles on it but it was well taken care of.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Venture!

For it to have a lot of miles on it........ Must have over 300,000 otherwise it's still in the break in stage.

:322:

I'm beginning to think all the '01's run forever, I have the same year and color, I've been watching ebay for a lower fairing because a ground hog cracked mine and a front fender to replace the one a Deer customized. I have not seen seen either in 1 1/2 years of watching.

I hope you're right! I'd like this bike to last a long time.

And speaking of a long time, I may have to wait another two weeks before I can ride with my husband. He took a Basic Riders Course and passed with flying colors, but he has to wait 7-10 days for them to mail him the certificate to take to the DMV so he can get his license. We thought they would just hand it to him at the end of the course. :(