IGNORED

Double DOH event plus bonus slow motion 2up laydown.

spitfire9

Man, I had some stupidity rattling around my brain friday and saturday. I think I got it all out, but here's what I did. I wanted to adjust my brakelight to come on sooner when I hit the foot pedal. So- I looked in the pdf manual I bought and found what I thought was "brake light switch" adjustment. So I adjusted it much better. :cool10:

Then I left the acc switch on overnight and killed the battery. Noticed that one 2 hrs before I needed to pick up my daughter and got the charger going. No biggie- all fixed up and she started right up. Got about 4 miles down the hiway and I noticed it had no power. Then it hit me "oh shiyat I adjusted the rear brake too!" :depressed:

I had no tools- NEVER AGAIN! So I called my wife and she came to my rescue. BUT- there was a broken down Ultra classic a mile before me with a cop pulled up behind it. She assumed it was me and pulled in behind him. He turned and walked toward her and she says loudly "that's my husband!" LOL she said it was really embarrassing when a gal emerged from behind the cop car and gave her a look that could kill. :rotf:

Having recovered from the embarrasment and explaining to the cop and riders she wasn't really insane, she drove another mile and finally found me. Luckily I only cooked some pad life, but it was all good once I REadjusted it and let it cool off a half an hour alongsde the freeway. The same nice police officer stopped to see if we were ok, and we chatted bikes for awhile. He even waited with us to make sure we merged back off the shoulder ok. LOL I never accelerated away from a cop so fast legally.

So all the drama completed, I picked up my 15yr old girl from her mom's for a nice country ride. We got a mile away and it started pouring rain. Since it was 92 out, that was kind of fun. It stopped, we dried out and later I pulled through an area of really really expensive houses that she likes to look at. I'm talking 4-5 million each. It pays to keep these teens motivated!

Rode up a dead end street with no circle and stopped. Was gonna back into a driveway and pull away, but the Venture had other ideas, deciding it was now a good time to lie down and take a nap. Daughter did great, nimbly hopping right off and away once it was apparent the bike wanted a rest. Was impressed at the foresight Yamaha had in putting those wonderful shiny chrome bars that stopped it before it got really ugly. Anyway, emergency tipover-switch test completed, she helped me pick it up and we had a noneventful rest of the ride. :whistling: My hip hates me today.