What do you think?I put a new battery in the 89 today it had been 3 months since I had it started. It started on the first crank and everything seemed OK. Then I noticed fuel pouring out from under it.The fuel pump and connecting hoses from the pump are dry. I can only see one hose hanging down in front of the swing arm it's dry.Do you think the float bowels are sticking and my fuel is flowing out the overflows? I can't see them but thinking there should be 4 of them. Or maybe a fuel line has ruptured. I have major fuel not dripping but pouring off the fuel pump side of the swing arm. Then again on the side stand it's leaning that way.

Tapped on the bowels several times but no luck. It's definitely floats sticking. I mixed some sea foam with gallon of fresh fuel then pumped some into the carbs. It looks like the two on the kick stand side may be stuck. Going to let it set for a week might have more time to look at it then.Always something more grass to cut later.

• 1 month later...

I took another look at the 89 this morning. Fuel pouring out of one overflow line. I worked on it about 30 minutes tapping on the float bowel after a mixture of Seafoam was put in a few weeks ago. No luck she's pumping a pint a minute from that one line. Looks like I might have to pull the carbs when I have more time.

Try getting as can of carb cleaner and the little red straw sprayer. open the drain screw, after the gas drains out of the carb, push the red straw up the drain hose and cover the hose end and straw with a cloth. Then spray into the bowl for 15 seconds or so.

Let the cleaner drain out and do it again. close the drain screw fast and let it sit. You can do each one while the other(s) sit.

Good luck

Try getting as can of carb cleaner and the little red straw sprayer. open the drain screw, after the gas drains out of the carb, push the red straw up the drain hose and cover the hose end and straw with a cloth. Then spray into the bowl for 15 seconds or so.

Let the cleaner drain out and do it again. close the drain screw fast and let it sit. You can do each one while the other(s) sit.

Good luck

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that:And keep fingers crossed:fingers crossed:If you can get the bowl full of cleaner and let it sit for a while it will probally cure it. 15 20 min should do it. You don't want to run a lot of the harsher cleaners thru the whole system but a little shouldn't hurt the one that is sticking.