IGNORED

Wow. SeaFoam

JohnMidnight

I also use it in everything, bike, lawnmower, F350 desiel, it works great, One thing you may want to check into, my local NAPA auto parts store in Va. sells it for 6.95 a can, thats 2 bucks cheaper than Walley World, butttttttt, Walley World will match their price, just bought 2 cans from Walley today at 6.95 each.:stirthepot:

Never thought of that. They do claim they will match anybody don't they.

Seafoam is great stuff. I took it one step further and added 6oz of seafoam to the crankcase (1.5oz/qt oil) then warmed her up & ran through the gears a few times.

My oil usually comes out dark gold but the first time I did it it came out BLACK!

After & changed the oil & filter she ran cooler & the shifter was a lot smoother.

I usually do the Seafoam in the cranck case every 4th oil change.

I have never used Seafoam or similar additives to any bike I have owned. I have owned well over a dozen bikes in the past 45 yeqars of riding. When automotive spark plugs started going to 100k intervals I have to admit I have not changed or had anybody change my plugs, although I take my bikes to the dealer every spring and ask for a spring check up, pushing well over 50k miles on the rsv the old venture highway I also put over 50k without a plug change. so far never had a starting problem except for weak batteries needing to be charged b4 first spring ride. Other than when the friggin dealer cracked the cam shaft on my right front cylinder I have never experienced rough running(he was replacing a head gasket that had a slight leak). Now my 92 VR only has 21k miles on it and I havn't ridden it much since I bought it as a fixer upper 4 years ago. starts right up every time.

So I guess my question is why do so many folks seem to need to use additives and others never. Is it a gas quality issue by location? is it the 85 octane I seem to only find in the western states( never see less than 87 here). I have trouble believing I have been so lucky so many times, so there must be some variable I am missing

Al

The main problem here is with the gas stations. You never know what quality gas you are going to get. Over the years I have had tanks of bad gas and just so-so gas and ethanol diluted gas. Sea foam fixes the resulting problems.

I believe that SeaFoam is more of a problem preventer than a problem fixer.

I think that some people put to much faith in it's healing abilities.

I have tried it in everything from weed eaters to car engines and it hasn't fixed a problem yet.

It probably does do a good job of keeping things clean if they start out that way and I do think that it helps our low quality gas but in my experience, nothing is as good as an old fashioned disassembly and carb cleaning.

I believe that SeaFoam is more of a problem preventer than a problem fixer.

I think that some people put to much faith in it's healing abilities.

I have tried it in everything from weed eaters to car engines and it hasn't fixed a problem yet.

It probably does do a good job of keeping things clean if they start out that way and I do think that it helps our low quality gas but in my experience, nothing is as good as an old fashioned disassembly and carb cleaning.

I agree with the above quote and I may burst some bubbles, because I have worked on many carbs. Took them apart and poured seafoam on the "yucky varnished bits". Results= zero cleaning ability for varnished carbs. I believe Seafoam is best as a gas preservative and anti-carbon or carbon removal tool. AKA- cools the pistons causing the carbon to flake off. So what may have happened with some of you was carbon on a valve and lack of compression from valve not seating You guys give it more credit than it deserves, just because it helped a problem. That's good for you. But, had you removed your carbs, seen what I describe and it's abilities or lack there of. You might have tried something else. I am glad your bike(s) are running "better". If you do think you have a "varnish" issue(clogged jet). Try Berrymans...it's the best. I have blasted it thru the pilot air jets a few times to save me over the years. Yes Berryman's has acetone, which is pretty strong stuff...but that's what you need sometimes. Remember anyone can claim their product can do something...no matter how SMALL that percentage is, as long as it is measurable. maybe it's .001 %.:whistling:

Sea-Foam use will prevent 90 per cent of our carb problems. BEFORE they START!!Regular use keeps things going as they should. It does help gunked up carbs but if they get too bad you are going to end up pulling them. I have had very good luck doing the Soaks with Sea-Foam.

• 10 months later...

I don't use Seafoam. I use Stabil for the same reason though. I put Stabil in the gas every month. I know that its to stabilize the gas over long periods of use. But its main use is to prevent the gas from turning to varnish in the carbs so it stands to reason that if you use it all season long it will keep the carbs clean. I know an old bike mechanic, Harley bikes. He's in his seventies and that's what he says the Harley owners do with there bikes. Since I've started doing this with my 83 XJ750K I have had no carb issues. In fact the bike runs much better. I've tried Seafoam and I never got the same results as do with using Stabil.

:mytruck1: