IGNORED

Windshields

Brake Pad

The Last rain storm my with & I rode through pulling the trailer, I could not see a thing, (picture this) the wife looking over my right shoulder, telling me I'm in the lane, no where to stop and wind & Rain hammering us from the left. Now I now how the pilots on a B 52 bomber feels. I was watching the gauges, keeping the bike at 45 ( the wife talking to me through the intercom)

What the Heck do you use on your windshields, to stop rain from beading? and the inside of the shield from fogging up?

I've been a fan of Plexus for while. Better than nuttin'. It don't work as well as RainX but that's a No No anyway. I do both sides of the wind screen and the helmet visor inside and out. I keep the visor cracked open a bit to get more air movement inside to keep the fogging down as much as possible.

If any body comes up with a fool proof way to keep them clear on those stormy, humid days.... I'm in!

Mike

I guess I would have to say whatever detailing wax I'm using at that time. I clean the windshield and when I'm cleaning the bike I use a detail wax. I'll just give it a shot and wipe. So far it seems OK.

Brake Pad, I have the same issue.

On my current '06 Midnight Venture, I left the stock windshield on, because it gives my wife better wind protection than the shorter one I put on the '03 I used to have. With the shorter windshield I could see over it when I needed to. With the stock shield, I think you'd need to be about 6'8" to see over it.

A couple observations on my part-this past October we got caught in a monsoon on the way back from the Keys. I remember going for MILES leaning forward looking around the windshield just to see-this was with my wife on the back too. Anyway, we pulled off for fuel at a Fl. Turnpike Service Plaza. By this time it had been pouring for about 200 miles and I was desperate.

I bought some RainX and applied it even though I know it's not recommended for Plexiglas. It did seem to help quite a bit although I forgot to put it on the inside of the windshield. The drops would slide right up to the top of the windshield and flip over onto the back and then kind of stay there. It did help quite a bit and I didn't notice any fogging of the windshield later from using it. But I only used it once.

So my point is, it might not hurt to carry some with you for occasional use when you don't have any other choice. Obviously replacing a windshield now and then is better than wrecking the bike.

Another possibility that I haven't tried yet. I was poking around the local HD dealer recently (I have an old Electra Glide too). I noticed a small pack of water repellent windshield wipes that were HD brand. They are supposed to do the same thing as RainX and if they are HD brand they should obviously be safe to use on their windshields. So if they're okay on Harleys, why not on Ventures? I'm taking off on a long road trip in a few weeks and I plan to take some of them with me. Hopefully they'll do the trick.

Maybe there are some experts on this topic here as well.

Ride safe!

1/2crazed