IGNORED

AUGH $#@&!!!!

spitfire9

Never, ever, ever forget to put your kickstand down, especially when you're parking your 800lb Venture next to your other motorcycle! I got lucky there, at least. I heard plastic cracking and freaked out that both bikes were screwed. The fairing hit the lower fork of the Vulcan and just put some paint on it. Didn't even knock it over. Cracked the fairing pretty good, popped the radio console out, tore loose the screws on left side and f-ed up the left airvent in the fairing. So the glue is drying now, and the bike will look just a little more worse for wear when I get it back together. Anybody have a spare 2-tone brown 85 fairing they want to sell? :whistling: What a freaking brain cramp. At least I wasn't moving when it struck.

Oh...that sucks... I have never done that, but did come wheeling into my garage where I park it, reved it up real good and dropped the clutch!! WTH was I thinking...just real glad I didn`t take her all the way through the back wall... Major brain fart for sure!!

Never, ever, ever forget to put your kickstand down, especially when you're parking your 800lb Venture next to your other motorcycle! I got lucky there, at least. I heard plastic cracking and freaked out that both bikes were screwed. The fairing hit the lower fork of the Vulcan and just put some paint on it. Didn't even knock it over. Cracked the fairing pretty good, popped the radio console out, tore loose the screws on left side and f-ed up the left airvent in the fairing. So the glue is drying now, and the bike will look just a little more worse for wear when I get it back together. Anybody have a spare 2-tone brown 85 fairing they want to sell? :whistling: What a freaking brain cramp. At least I wasn't moving when it struck.

ouch, heh, I've done that when I was first starting out. I didn't think much of it on the 650, yea it fell over, nothing broke. But yet... somehow... on the way back from my shopping, I get ready to go, I put my foot on the left peg and it pops off.

Riding home was awesome.

January 17th 2008

I got it all glued back together as best as I could. Had fun being creative with screwing everything back together with many various sizes of washers, screws, nuts, etc. Unless you know it's there and squat down to see under the top of the fairing, you'd never know. I just wish my wrist would heal. i strained the crap out of it trying to stop the fall- may have to park the VR for a week and let the wrist get better. Oh hell with that, let's ride...

Looking for a left fairing, inner and outer. I have a body/paint friend that could do some pretty nice custom work if it take the bike apart and give him all the parts.

Any RED 85 VR's out there? i think deep maroon red would be awesome. Faster, too.

When I was a motor cop in Houston, had a partner who was rather short, , , ,well ok, , he was real short, and had a BIG ego, , , ,

He kept everything he had perfect, , ,always polished more than anyone else, more chrome, , ,and thought he was God's gift to women, , ,,

He and I were riding on Spencer Highway on afternoon, (I was Lead, riding right motor).

A couple of sweet looking young ladies in a convertible Camaro rode up next to us in the inside lane.

He was riding, flirting with them, blipping the throttle and just being himself. We came up to a stop light, , , , everyong knows that vehicles drip oil in the road, , , ,I guess he forgot, , LOL, , , as we pulled up to stop, , flirting with the young ladies, , , , He put his left foot down in order to hold the bike up, , , , right in the oil slick ! ! ! ! !

Of course, , ,foot slips, , ,bike leans over on the bars, , he is spread eagle out,, ,motor hitting the red line, , , ,two girls laughing their butt off, , , , He is cussing a red streak, , I am laughing, , , ,I hit the siren and rode thru the light, ,leaving him cussing, , , and the girls laughing, , , ,, ,

Needless to say, , ,the boy talked real bad to me a few miles down the road, , ,, :bobby:

• 4 months later...

I hate to admit it but I did it backing out of the garage. Went to get off the bike to close the garage door and a friend pulled up and we talked for a few minutes and he left and I just went to get off the bike and thought I had put the stand down. Well I was stopped next to one of our cars and yep it fell into the front fender and did $1600 damage to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the replacement fairing installed. Has a sm crack and some minor paint issues, but more than 3 feet away you can't tell it's not perfect. What a hassle. Had to buy the black side piece that goes up to the mirror and has the vent in it also. I did learn that taking that stuff apart wasn't really all that hard. I expected the swap to be much worse.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/cyprinut/1985%20Venture%20Royale/photo12.jpg