IGNORED

Posting this in it's own thread.

JohnT

I just found out about the $5 penalty for dropping my VR. I did post a reply in that thread but figured I should 'fess up out in the open.

Day 1 with my first VR. I figure some practice time in the yard and driveway is in order. Although I've been riding 30 years I have never had bikes this long or this heavy. Circles and 8's in the yard are actually feeling shaky so I start big and shorten the radius as I felt better. I then head up the driveway and turn around by the side of the road. I can't believe the bike is slowly falling to the right and I really can't believe that I can't stop it. It of course ends up laying on the crash bars. No damage

More 8's and circles in the driveway. I am getting the hang of this. Cool. I am done so I make the swing toward the shed door to put her away. As I turn left I once again feel it pass the point of no return and I oh so slowly and gently lay it on the left side this time. Much to the amusement of a passing motorist. I judge this by the way the kid slowed down, honked the horn, and pointed while grinning like an idiot.

It has now been 3 weeks and I have not dropped either VR since. Hoping this is a trend that continues.

I did give m myself a break and paid a daily fee of $5 since both incidents happened within minutes of each other.

Edited by JohnT
corrected spelling

Welcome to the club. I told my son and others I ride with, you will have 3 drops in your riding time. 99 out of 100 it will be no damage except for your pride. Attached are the steps to recovery :shock3: :doh: :crying: :doh: :doh: :starz: :think: :thumbsup2: :7_6_3[1]:

:whistling:

Welcome to the club. I told my son and others I ride with, you will have 3 drops in your riding time. 99 out of 100 it will be no damage except for your pride. Attached are the steps to recovery :shock3: :doh: :crying: :doh: :doh: :starz: :think: :thumbsup2: :7_6_3[1]:

:whistling:

Having been riding for fifty three years now, I believe the three drop rule to be false. I dropped my RSMV last month in a parking lot while not moving.

:shock3: :doh: :crying: :doh: :doh: :starz: :think: :thumbsup2:

:farmer:

Never mind the membership fee....if we are all honest about it this site would probably be self sufficient just thru the drop fees!

I know when I first got mine I was a healthy supporter!:doh:

6 in a day? Oh no. I was hoping this would be a thing I would out grow, or learn to avoid, or something. If I keep dropping the damn thing it's onl a matter of time and it will cost me money. :)

Well folks, I just got her back from "have the dealer first time service the bike I bought " service. New sneakers mounted, carbs clean and running nice, fresh oil change, and NYS inspected.

The sun is shining. Guess where I am headed? Try to guess, cuz I won't know till I get there. :cool10:

I think 6 in a day is my record. The Ride Like A Pro class is "fun" that way.

Dave

Crap 6 in one dayyyy :thumbsup2: and you stuck with it. You get big an At-A-Boy for that in my books. :beer: