IGNORED

Whining noise from the front seat...

OwenB

The trip was great, see "whats in the bags" last thread. Clocked near 600 miles with the wife on back and plenty of extras. Lots of short runs and stops, great roads and scenes, and one place we gotta see for a full weekend, Medicine Park, OK- was only there long enough to eat and take a short walk but its worthy of a return trip.

My wife was much more comfy than I through the entire trip, at points I could not control my own whining:(

The bike performed flawlessly.

My hipjoints are pinching hard, Im not liking the heel shifter at all, and even with pegs on the engine gaurd I have few choices to vary position- especially on the left side. I find my right foot far back on the board at times, usually in town. my left is rough because I cant just put my foot down, Im 6'3" and that heel shifter, if I get past it, other hard parts get into my calf- so Im kicking out coming to a stop and kicking up to roll out.

Im gonna give some more time for the boards, but Im fairly sure the heel shifter is gonna go bye bye.

Ive seen zero options for forward controls on 2nd gen RSVs, if anyone has info here please share. It seems there would have to be mods to intake? whatever all that stuff is below air filters...

I love the Venture, but I want to make it MINE!

Did I mention my wife loves it too:)

Let me guess, you all went to the "ole Plantation" restraunt? When we lived out there they had the best dang tastin steaks and rolls. If that aint where you went put it on your list for next time and let me know how it was.

The shifter can be adjusted somewhat to lower the heel part but will also raise the toe. As for highway pegs Kuryakn probably has about the best selection of brackets with twists, turns angles to get pegs where you want them.

We did eat at the Plantation, the grilled chops were so good I cant wait to try the steak;)

Thats an idea for heel shifter, could try taking it off a bit at a time and see.

Thanx

I'm 6'4" and had problems with my hips and back at first also. A Utopia back rest was the most important upgrade. Then I put the Kuryakyn offset duallay hiway pegs on and adjusted them so I could rest ankles on top of the pegs so I could stretch out if I needed to. I never had a problem with the heel toe shifter, but Yamaha has a toe shifter accessory.