ok before I ask I already feel really stupid.....

When checking the engine oil onmy 06 thru the little sight window

should the oil level be between the lines when it is leaning on the stand or when the bike is straight up and down ?

I am going to assume until one of you guys enlighten me that it is while on the stand...since you can't hold the darn thing up whilst standing on your head to see the window hidden behind the frame tube.

Thanks for the help....more dumb questions to come.:confused24:

Kenny

while straight, not while leaning.

I put a 1x4 under the kickstand to bring it almost level, then tilt the bike the rest of the way while looking at the sight glass.

Some people use a dental/inspection mirror while seated on the bike.

Thanks guys....

seems they could have had a better plan but whatever works.

Love the bike so far...went from a hotrod 2002 Yamaha Warrior that was incredible in performance to a lot more comfort.

old bones need soft seats !!!!!!

Bike needs to be straight up to check oil level in sight glass. Do not over fill as this can cause oil to go into the airbox through the breather.

When I don't have help, I keep the bike level with a jack stand under the steel bracket for the passenger floor board. A little trial and error to get the right height setting for the jack stand, use a rag or towel on the stand to keep from scratching. tilt the bike up and onto the jackstand on the right passenger floor board and then slide one in under the left side. I usually set it where I have to pick up the bike just a little (just suspension movement, not the whole bike) to get it under the left side.

i need to change oil today, I will try and post some pictures.

RSTDdog