IGNORED

Frame with title for MKI

Trying to salvage an 83 that has been traded a couple of times and title lost. This is Tennessee and they want a title to register bike. Anybody got a clear title on a bike that is being parted out and would sell the frame and title, or at least the removable lower frame bar and a title?

VIN number has been checked and it is clean, but the person that is on the title can not be found. It has probably been several years since this bike has been on the road. Already looked at the re-title companies and they want $300 to 400 bucks.

RandyA

Randy, I happen to have a frame and title . I'm parting out my 85 . Do you need the whole frame or just part of it how does that work? The engine is still in the frame so I'd have to remove it, unless you want that too. Let me know and we can dicker on the price.

I'm working tomorrow but you can call me in the afternoon if i don"t answer I'm driving I'll get back to you as soon as I can.315 521 3729.Phil.

I also have a 1983 Standard frame and clear Idaho title, the frame is already stripped and ready to go. The frame is in Wisconsin, a bit far from you

I will be home from the sandbox the 19th. Drop me a line and let me know what you want to do.

Rob

Actually, if I could get the removable bar and a title, I would not worry about replacing the frame. The bar has the VIN info on it and with a 28 year old bike that is documented as having frame and transmission problems, I would not worry about re titling it.

This is just one of those bikes that fell thru the crack on being swapped around with everyone having intentions of fixing it. The last owner said 2nd gear was gone when he rode it and he was told when he got it that 2nd gear had been fixed, so who knows what the deal is. Right now, for the price it would be worth fixing, if it can be titled. It did not have a trunk on it, so it could be set up as an 85 with an MKII trunk. This bike only has 37K miles showing and in looking at wear items, it looks like that may be right, and I say may, because 37K is very low milage for 2nd gear problems.

I was just hoping that someone has parted out an MKI and and still had a removable frame rail and matching title they would part with. For anyone offering, please let me know what you would have to have.

Thanks,

RandyA

I still have the engine in the frame. Its not as stripped down as far as the other guys are. I still have parts to remove. But if you can't find any thing else let me know. I'll be glad to send the frame and title for $200 plus shipping.