IGNORED

Rear Tire

pick

Just put on a new Avon, got about 3k on it. Bikes been parked for a few due to weather and it's totally flat! Filled it back up, lost pressure fast!!!!!! Put some soapy water around rim and sure enough, it is leaking around almost the entire rim. This happened once before, dealer had to r and r the tire, but it never completely stopped. This time the dealer put a tube in it to stop the leak. Any issue with running a tube on the rear tire?

I don`t have the answer for you about the Tube, but sounds like your rim is all jacked up, any visable issues with it??

Just put on a new Avon, got about 3k on it. Bikes been parked for a few due to weather and it's totally flat! Filled it back up, lost pressure fast!!!!!! Put some soapy water around rim and sure enough, it is leaking around almost the entire rim. This happened once before, dealer had to r and r the tire, but it never completely stopped. This time the dealer put a tube in it to stop the leak. Any issue with running a tube on the rear tire?

Ive had this issue with a goldwing.Tire guy was installing tires with soapy water.Dish soap has a high content of alkali.Cuts grease and removes impurities when rinsed off.

Left on aluminum it with oxidize it causing a white powder /aluminum oxide.You have to removev tge tire and clean up the bead. You should use non petroleum lubricant to set the tire ontop the rim as petroleum deteriorates any rubber compound.

KY will work in a pinch.

As far as I know there is no real issue with putting a tube in a tubeless tire, or on a tubeless rim .... But I can't see a good reason to do it.

If the rim is shot, you need a new one.

If the rim is good then all you have done is make it more difficult to fix a puncture rapidly and easily.

I had to run a tube in a E3 on the rear of my 06 Royal. I picked up 3 nails in a tire with less than 1000 miles and the shop refused to patch. They installed the tube and I rode for 12k miles with no issues.

Worked for me.

Since your rim is now 11 years old, chances are the bead area is corroded. You need to remove the tire and use a scotch brite pad to clean the bead area. When installing the tire use a bead sealer and you should be good. Same thing happened on my 99. Bead sealer did the trick.

I had to run a tube in a E3 on the rear of my 06 Royal. I picked up 3 nails in a tire with less than 1000 miles and the shop refused to patch. They installed the tube and I rode for 12k miles with no issues.

Worked for me.

Generally it will work just fine.

Rarely do any of us stress the tires even close to their rated limits .... The "Z" rated tyres on my FJ1200A were rated for sustained speeds in excess of 150mph .... yeah!

The principles are sound though ... a tube in a tubeless tyre isn't advised, can cause overheating due to the flexing between the tyre and the tube .... but back in the real world ...