IGNORED

Summer trip across 17, 417 to Maine

chocking

Hi,

A very good friend of mine just moved from Wisconsin to Maine, and I'm planning a solo ride this summer up thru the UP, across the Soo and taking what 17, 417 and what appears to be 40 across Ontario thru Montreal to Augusta, Maine. Looking like a mid-late July trip

What kind of roads can I expect? typical summer weather patterns in that area? Pretty long distances with few gas stations on the western side? Need to watch out for Moose? :confused24:Advice or input welcome...Have NEVER ridden in Canada...Have passport etc... but certainly need advice from riders who have been there, done that.

Thanks,

Clay

Menomonie ,WI

Road 17 a few years ago from Caribou, ME (northeast corner) up into Canada to Saint Lawrence River then turned west returning into the UP at Sault Ste Marie. Found everyone to be friendly, hospitable, and had no issues regarding fuel, food, or camping accommodations. They do speak French in the Provence of Quebec. Speed limits are posted in KM. Weather in July was great although we did encounter one thunder boomer near Montreal. Hope this helps!!!