IGNORED

And we are painting

bull463

Hi all

Today is the day after many hrs in the garage out of Christys hair. Im getting to paint the new bikes tour pack. The heat has been on since yesterday. The 2nd coat is on starting to look like something now. this would have so much nicer if the PO had not put all those pics on the bike but hey its coming. I know I need pics they will be coming soon now.

Bull463

Where are the pictures???

I just bought a spare front fairing to paint and fool around with. It is supposed to be on it's way but the UPS tracking doesn't show that it moved in two days.

I may be asking you a bunch of questions on the paint you are doing, So that is your warning. LOL

Would love to see how it comes out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have been working hard on my new bike. After painting the tour pack I changed out some 30 light bulbs for LEDs . I been polishing everything in sight. She was a real dirty girl when I picked her up but she is cleaning up nice. I still have some things to put on arm rests for Christy and the ever important cup holder. But thing are going well now if the weather would change so I can stop riding her in the garage.:cool10::bighug:

Bull463

Hey Dan

the thing about painting Im sure you know is the prep work. I used to paint in high school.

But that was a couple years ago so I took my time with it and asked alot of people at the paint shop to make sure I was on track with this project.

Bull463

Hey Dan

the thing about painting Im sure you know is the prep work. I used to paint in high school.

But that was a couple years ago so I took my time with it and asked alot of people at the paint shop to make sure I was on track with this project.

Bull463

Yeah I got a new gun and starting to think. I need to find a book or site to tell me how to mix things. Its been about 40 yrs since I sprayed anything . I know you mix something with the paint?? And prep is the most important thing. What weight paper is it you use between coats? I have paper just not sure what. As I said I'm just starting to think. Sure is a bunch of 1st Gen parts around here.....