IGNORED

Tail of the Dragon

kbran

Ya know, if you'd have done the trip on the Steelers "BYE" week. I'd have rode the Dragon with ya... :Venture:

Altough I can't remember a snow this bad this early.. Used to feel lucky to ski Seven Springs at Thanksgiving... Believe we are in for a bad one.... At least we know where it started... Isn't that right BOngoBobNY?

Kenny,Put on your Gerbing heated jacket liner....I did this morning,32 but I was or felt like 75 degrees.

Ok smarty, you know I don't have one and you wouldn't even loan me your's in Cody.

Ya know, if you'd have done the trip on the Steelers "BYE" week. I'd have rode the Dragon with ya... :Venture:

Would have loved to have you.

Not going to try to tell you what kind of protective gear to wear, but you better be wearing your fur-lined bloomers. It's going to be a bit nippy!

Long johns and carhart coveralls worked good, my fingers were the problem.

We made it home about 5pm ct this evening. Boomer decided to go on, another 4 hr's, had to get back to his Sweety. We had a great time tho short. Met up with Cowboy yesterday at 9am and rode to Tellico, Tn and did the Cerahola , Dragon then hwy.28 back down 74/19 to the Wahya and made it back to the hotel around 6pm. Here's a few pics.

Looks like ya`ll had a great time!!

We made it home about 5pm ct this evening. Boomer decided to go on, another 4 hr's, had to get back to his Sweety. We had a great time tho short. Met up with Cowboy yesterday at 9am and rode to Tellico, Tn and did the Cerahola , Dragon then hwy.28 back down 74/19 to the Wahya and made it back to the hotel around 6pm. Here's a few pics.

Here's an inexpensive solution for cold hands/fingers while hunting or riding a bike...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/HeatMax-Toasti-Toes-Warmer-Pairs/dp/B0007ZF4PE]Amazon.com: HeatMax Toasti Toes Foot Warmer (40 Pairs): Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OFZ6JlcHL.@@AMEPARAM@@51OFZ6JlcHL[/ame]

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Factory-Pop-Top-Mittens-Warmers/product-reviews/B0049HW2YW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I also buy the tostie-toes or foot-warmup to tape on to the ball of my foot while hunting or motorcycling.

Note: if your toes or fingers get cold...You will get cold...

Also like the way the gloves are designed as you can change from mitts to fingered in a flash!

As Kenny posted earlier I made it home last night at 9PM.

The ride to do the Dragon has been on my Bucket List for several years now. It was great riding up with Kenny, riding the Dragon with he and Cowboy,and of course the return trip to home.

The roads in Cowboy's area are sheer joy to ride. Cowboy riding his 2nd Gen is watching poetry in motion for sure. The man knows the roads and his riding skills are the best I have ever seen.

I'm paying the price for 3 days in the saddle but darn it was worth all the aches and pains I have today!

To Kenny and Cowboy: Thanks for the friendship and the riding time together!! A special thanks to Beth for the fried chicken supper on Friday night and the gracious hospitality of both Kenny and Beth.:bighug:

Boomer....who left no pygmies at the Dragon nor any motorcycle parts in the "Tree of Shame" at Deal's Gap!:cool10: