IGNORED

Wiring Polk rear speakers for true stereo sound

1BigDog

In the process of wiring up my new Polk 401 speakers. From what I have read the rear speakers are only mono. Has anyone rewired the rears for a true stereo sound? Can this be done? Everything is apart so I can run new wires to the rear, bypassing the stock wiring.

Thanks for any info.

In the process of wiring up my new Polk 401 speakers. From what I have read the rear speakers are only mono. Has anyone rewired the rears for a true stereo sound? Can this be done? Everything is apart so I can run new wires to the rear, bypassing the stock wiring.

Thanks for any info.

The only way I could see to make it true stero would be to tap off the front speakers, however I might worry about the extra impedance load.

Thanks for any info.

I do not see rear speakers standard on the Gen 1 MKII schematic, only the fronts.

Why do you think they would be mono?

Speakers and power amps:

Your power amplifier is rated at a max power into a specified load.

I think the stock speakers are 4 ohms and the power amp is rated into 4 ohms.

If your Polk speakers are 8 ohms, you can parallel two speakers per channel for 4 ohms.

Half the amplifier power will go to each speaker.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...