IGNORED

Big Thanks!!! Clutch Upgrade

The Black Pearl

Just wanted to give a shout out to skydoc, where to start, well over the last month or so the clutch has slipped a couple times but figured it would hold till winter since the riding season in northern mi will be ending soon. Well last wed it got bad (I ride 2 up and with a trailer often and have 74000 on the bike) so I called 50 stealers to find out no one stocks the clutch disks and no one could get me in for at least 2 weeks, oh and wanted 450-600 to do the clutch!!! So I made a call to skydoc 20 mins before his post office closed so he RACED there to ship my full upgrade kit. Got it first thing friday morning, now I do alot of my own work but untill I do something once theres always that lil voice "man I dont want to screw this up" but I wasnt waiting 2 weeks either. So I dove in, with one phone call to Earl to check something things went great I really cant believe I was nervous at all. Very straight forward and very good instructions. And now it feels more like a sport bike to me the clutch feels great, the lever maybe a slight bit harder to pull but after 10 mins didnt notice at all. So to anyone thinking of doing this upgrade I say dive in and save yourself the money on the stealer!!!! Just my 2 cents....:cool10:

Many of us have done it, including myself. Makes all the difference and lasts a whole lot longer.

For those that haven't, DO IT! If you're feeling any slippage whatsoever (and it usually shows up in 4th or 5th initially) ... DON'T wait.... git 'r dun!

Ya got it done yourself, and saved a ton of money!

I agree that Clutch Upgrade is worth every penny, Mine slipped a couple of times and put the Upgrade in last winter, I now have 13K miles on it (a lot in your neck of the woods) and have had no problems since.

Ride Safe!

Ya got it done yourself, and saved a ton of money!

I agree that Clutch Upgrade is worth every penny, Mine slipped a couple of times and put the Upgrade in last winter, I now have 13K miles on it (a lot in your neck of the woods) and have had no problems since.

Ride Safe!

lol oh i ride from Traverse City to Petoskey everyday for work 66 miles one way so I am averaging 18,000 each summer